Saturday, October 31, 2009

What I Ate: 10/31/2009

  • 1 bag (1 oz.) Kay's Naturals Honey Almond protein cereal (100 kcals, 9g protein, 12g net carbs)
  • Peanut butter cookie-pumpkin protein frozen yogurt scrumptiousness (143 kcals, 23.5g protein, 5g net carbs) - it's so creamy, it doesn't really need the Cool Whip
  • 4 Monica's Fall Pumpkin and Bacon Chicken Meatballs with broth (100 kcals, 16g protein, 3.2g net carbs) and 1 "Shelly's bites"-inspired mini-crustless quiche. This new version has Jennie-O extra lean turkey bacon, mushrooms, thyme, chives, and Jarlsberg lite emmentaler cheese [Note: The website says this stuff isn't good for cooking. I beg to differ.] Bacon, mushroom, and Swiss is a classic combo. (25 kcals, 3.3g protein, 0.3g net carbs)
  • About 1/4 cup chili at a dinner party (I'm guessing about 75 kcals, 3.5g protein, 4.8g net carbs) mixed with 1 scoop Inspire Pure flavorless protein - blended super-well and didn't taste it at all! (50 kcals, 12g protein, 0g carbs) and 2 more of the new batch of Shelly's bites (50 kcals, 6.6g protein, 0.6g net carbs)
  • The last of this batch of "Oreo cheesecake" protein frozen yogurt scrumptiousness, with 2 tbsp. Free Cool Whip and a drizzle of SF chocolate syrup (135 kcals, 21.5g protein, 9g net carbs)
  • 2 Celebrate multivitamins (10 kcals, 1g net carbs)
  • 1 Calcet calcium citrate creamy bite (40 kcals, 6g net carbs)
  • About 3 water mix-ins (30 kcals, 7.5g net carbs)
Total:
758 kcals
95.4g protein
50.4% kcals from protein
49.4g net carbs
26.1% kcals from net carbs.

I did my regular Saturday 5-mile walk today. It was great :-)

3 comments:

  1. OK I love reading your post!!!! Your post show me just how bad some of my food choices are at 6 mouths out. I have a quick question. Is the Inspire Pure flavorless protein really flavorless? I have tried a many products athat claim to be unflavored and was so upset that i could taste it. Thanks in advance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Surprisingly, the Inspire Pure flavorless protein is really flavorless. I just slapped it in the chili - and it wasn't even that much chili - stirred it with a spoon, and it blended right in. I didn't taste it at all. It does slightly change the appearance of some foods - like, if you put it in a clear soup, the soup will become cloudy when you add Pure. But you don't taste it. Also, I'll warn you that there is a *very* slight protein smell when you open the bag, but you don't smell it at all once you mix it with something. It's great. I can't compare it with other unflavored products because it's the only one I've tried.

    Oh, one other thing is that if you don't mix it right or if you try to put too much in at once, it might get lumpy. If you follow the directions, there aren't any lumps. I'm very pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this info. I'm going to give it a try as I need to get in more protein

    ReplyDelete