Happy six-month surgiversary to me. Today was a day of additives: cocoa, whipped cream, an extra vitamin . . .
I won't make additives a habit, but they felt appropriate for this occasion. The whipped cream was an especially good addition!
- 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein in instant iced decaf with SF vanilla syrup, 3 packets of Truvia, and 2 tsp. Hershey's Special Dark unsweetened cocoa powder (123 kcals, 26g protein). The dark chocolate is awesome in the shake. It's good without it, but the cocoa adds another level of decadence for minimal calories, a little fiber, and an extra gram of protein.
- 3 oz. poached chicken breast with a mixture of tomato-based barbecue sauce and homemade Carolina Gold barbecue sauce (130 kcals, 24g protein)
- 2 Monica's Global Chicken and Lamb Meatballs (70 kcals, 11g protein) with 1/4 cup Monica's Autumn Pumpkin and Broccoli Soup (30 kcals, 0g protein)
- 2 oz. chicken breast (85 kcals, 16g protein), 1 oz. Southern Baked Ricotta (about 50 kcals, 3g protein), and 1 cup spring mix (5 kcals, 0g protein) with 1 tbsp. salsa mixed with a little red wine vinegar, liquid smoke, and Splenda (about 8 kcals, 0g protein) - oh MAN this was good. The crumbled baked ricotta took this from delicious to divine!
- 1 serving Fage nonfat cheesecake base (57 kcals, 6.5g protein) with 1/2 scoop Inspire ice cream sandwich protein powder (63 kcals, 15g protein) AND a 2 tbsp. dollop of fat-free Cool Whip on top (15 kcals, 0g protein), HEAVEN - total - (135 kcals, 21.5g protein).
- 3 Celebrate multivitamins (15 kcals)
- 1 Celebrate iron + vitamin C (5 kcals)
- About 6 water mix-ins (60 kcals)
Total: 716 kcals, 101.5g protein, 56.7% kcals from protein.
Today's workout was 65 minutes on the elliptical. I allegedly burned about 625 calories in that workout. This compares favorably with my level of calorie-burning in recent workouts.
I definitely plan to do yoga again tonight as well!