Monday, October 19, 2009

What I Ate: 10/19/2009

  • 3 slices Hormel Natural deli turkey (50 kcals, 10g protein), 1 mini Babybel cheese round(50 kcals, 6g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate with iced decaf, SF vanilla syrup, SF cookie dough syrup, Truvia, and 1 tsp. Hershey's Special Dark unsweetened cocoa (117 kcals, 25g protein)
  • Spicy soy-ginger glazed chicken drumstick (about 155 kcals, 23.5g protein) - these are so delicious, it's almost unfair. So, so good.
  • 2 oz. chicken breast (85 kcals, 16g protein) over 1 cup spring mix (5 kcals) with 2 tbsp. pineapple salsa (20 kcals, 0g protein)
  • Oh Yeah "Good Grab" protein bar in chocolate caramel peanut - OMG this is good. I got it as a free sample from BariatricEating.com. The bars are quite small but pack a lot of calories and protein in. I was satisfied after 3/4 of it, but it was too small to just stop eating there. (190 kcals, 15g protein)
  • 1 serving Fage nonfat cheesecake base (57 kcals, 6.5g protein) with 1/2 scoop Inspire ice cream sandwich protein powder (63 kcals, 15g protein) and a 2 tbsp. dollop of fat-free Cool Whip on top (15 kcals, 0g protein), total (135 kcals, 21.5g protein)
  • 2 Celebrate multivitamins (10 kcals)
  • 1 Celebrate iron + vitamin C (5 kcals)
  • About 6 water mix-ins (60 kcals)

Total: 882 kcals, 117g protein, 53.1% kcals from protein.

This is my highest official daily calorie count since surgery.* I'm not worried about it, though. It's all good stuff, and the real culprit was that protein bar. I'll probably never have one again, even though they are insanely delicious. Since the calories are still very much in the proper range, and since I didn't eat anything out of compulsion or bad habits, I'm cool with this.

I did get back on the exercise train today, though I didn't do what I'd planned. I overslept this morning, and after work I didn't feel like going to the office gym, so I didn't get my elliptical workout in. However, I did 30 minutes of Leslie Sansone this evening after work, which was pleasant.

*My previous highest count was on June 27, 2009, when I was about 2.5 months out. I had 870 calories that day. But that was before I started tracking the calories in my vitamins, water mix-ins, and Splenda. Thus, my true calorie count for that day was probably around 965, which means I still haven't beaten my record.

No comments:

Post a Comment