Saturday, October 24, 2009

What I Ate: 10/24/2009

  • 1 bag (1 oz.) Kay's Naturals Honey Almond protein cereal (100 kcals, 9g protein, 12g net carbs) - AWESOME. I will make trail mix from this at some point.
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate with iced decaf, SF chocolate and cookie dough syrup, Truvia, and 2 tsp. Hershey's Special Dark unsweetened cocoa (121 kcals, 25g protein, 4g net carbs)
  • Pumpkin "Muffin in a Minute" - I got this recipe from beforeandafterhelp.com, but I think it originally came from the whole low-carb diet movement. I modified my muffin by using more baking powder for a fluffier muffin and by using Publix Eggstirs instead of a real egg to cut down on the calories. This was AMAZING! The only problem was that the mug I used was too small - I didn't expect it to rise so much. But I have a bigger mug that I'll try tomorrow. This muffin is filling, full of fiber, rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, low in net carbs, and relatively high in protein. The miracle ingredient is flaxseed meal. I can eat flax bread, y'all! (165 kcals, 12g protein, about 1g net carbs)
  • 3 oz. shrimp cooked with Old Bay (Maryland style!) (90 kcals, 17g protein, 0g net carbs) and 1 cup oven-crisped okra - it shrivels down to much less volume (30 kcals, 2g protein, 4g net carbs)
  • 1 mini Babybel Light cheese round (50 kcals, 6g protein, 0g carbs)
  • Had my Fage - but I tried to turn it into ice cream. There are lots of recipes for protein ice cream out there. I think the original protein ice cream creator was Shelly, who writes The World According to Eggface blog, and I'm sure there are others. I made mine a little differently from these, so it was basically frozen yogurt. I just mixed up a big batch of Fage with SF cheesecake pudding, 2 cups nonfat Fage, 3 scoops of Inspire ice cream sandwich, 1 cup of SF cookie dough syrup, and vanilla extract. I added water to make it thinner, more of an ice cream base. I didn't let it freeze long enough, to really assess its ice-creaminess, but we'll see how it really works tomorrow. I topped my serving of ice cream with 2 tbsp. Free Cool Whip (135 kcals, 21.5g protein, 9g net carbs)
  • 2 Celebrate mandarin orange multivitamins (10 kcals, 1g net carbs)
  • About 3 water mix-ins (30 kcals, 7.5g net carbs)
Total:
731 kcals
92.5g protein
50.6% kcals from protein
38.5 net carbs
21.1% kcals from net carbs
For activity today, I went on my 5-mile stroll in Riverfront Park. It was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment