Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What I Ate: 10/6/2009

I decided that the LPT had been pretty effective and have gone back to more solid food today. But I'm keeping it small and extra "pouch-friendly."

I've also altered my calorie-calculation strategy upon learning this afternoon that Splenda is not a no-calorie sweetener, but is actually a four-calorie-per-packet sweetener. I am also going to start including the calories in my water mix-ins. Heck, maybe I'll even include the calories in my vitamins while I'm at it.
  • About 36 oz. water with 2 sleeves of Sunrise Orange Crystal Light (20 kcals, 0g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in instant decaf with SF hazelnut syrup and 5 packets of Splenda :-( (130 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 2 mini Babybel Light cheese rounds (100 kcals, 12g protein)
  • About 36 oz. water with 2 sleeves of Sunrise Orange Crystal Light (20 kcals, 0g protein)
  • 4 slices Hormel Natural Choice (reduced nitrates/nitrites) deli turkey (67 kcals, 13g protein)
  • 2 oz. spicy chicken breast (85 kcals, 16g protein) over 1 cup romaine/radicchio salad mix (6 kcals, 0g protein) and 1 tbsp. homemade plum sauce (20 kcals, 0g protein) - this was scrumptious today! I think the allspice combined with the cayenne really set everything off . . .
  • About 36 oz. water with 2 sleeves of Crystal Light - only got through half of this, will continue tomorrow (10 kcals, 0g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in instant decaf with SF vanilla syrup and 5 packets of Truvia :-) (113 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 2 Celebrate multivitamins (10 kcals, 0g protein)
  • 1 Celebrate iron (5 calories, 0g protein)

Total: 586 kcals, 91g protein, 62.1% kcals from protein.

For activity, I did a little over 45 minutes on the elliptical this morning, and one of my pilates DVDs tonight.

I'm really bummed about Splenda's calorific-ness. I guess I'll invest in some of that Sweetzfree . . . ? For now, I'm giving Truvia another try. It was surprisingly terrific in my shake tonight! Truvia has 3 grams of carbs per packet, but it's all from erythritol, a sugar alcohol that the body really doesn't digest. Supposedly, it has 0.6 calories a packet. I also picked up some liquid saccharine from Publix, but I don't know when/if I'll try it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey..it's Aftermarch78 from youtube. I see you use the isopure dutch choc protein powder...so do you love it? I've used one and I need to find another that doesn't make me sick. just curious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey April! I love the Isopure. I didn't like it at first. It doesn't taste great if you just mix it with water or even with almond milk. It's not very sweet.

    I mix it with cold decaf coffee, lots of ice, and lots of artificial sweetener and it tastes just like an iced mocha from Starbucks. It's my standard shake, but I mix in others sometimes, like the Inspire chocolate peanut butter fudge and the Nectar fuzzy navel.

    What kind have you tried? Most shakes don't taste that great unless you doctor them up. BariatricEating.com and the Bariatric Foodie blog (link on the right) both have good protein shake "recipes." Hopefully we'll have a protein tasting at the M&G. Also, if you want to taste Isopure but don't want to buy it, I'd be happy to bring some to you there.

    ReplyDelete