Monday, October 12, 2009

What I Ate: 10/11/2009

  • I tried to have the awesome Greek yogurt/cheesecake pudding/protein powder combo again for breakfast this morning, and I did, but I couldn't get through a whole half-cup of it. I ate it until it started to be painful to continue. (Crazy!) I measured what was left, and it was about 1/8 cup. I'm calculating the calories and protein as though I ate 3/4 of my 1/2-cup serving. (132 kcals, 12g protein)
  • Southwestern chicken chili omelet: 2.5 oz. of my Southwestern chicken chili (80 kcals, 12g protein) inside 1/4 Publix EggStirs (30 kcals, 6g protein) with 1/2 slice FF sharp cheddar cheese (15 kcals, 2g protein) - Total (125 kcals, 20g protein)
  • 1/2 cup baked ricotta casserole with spinach. This was amazing! I let it get somewhat overcooked so it got that burnt cheese unctuousness that's so great in macaroni pie (about 140 kcals, 12g protein - but I really have no idea)
  • 10 roasted unsalted pistachio nuts (40 kcals, 1g protein)
  • 0.5 oz. chicken breast. I was tasting the chicken nuggets I cooked for the week (25 kcals, 4g protein)
  • About 1/4 cup Monica's Autumn Pumpkin & Broccoli Soup (about 30 kcals, 0g protein)
  • 2.5 oz. Monica's Global Chicken and Lamb Meatballs - again, tasting pursuant to cooking . Each 1 oz. meatball has about 35 calories and 5.5g protein. (88 kcals, 13.5g protein)
  • 2 Celebrate multivitamins (15 kcals, 0g protein)
  • About 6 sleeves water mix-ins (60 kcals, 0g protein)

Total: 655 kcals, 62.5g protein, 38.2% kcals from protein.

Crazy eating day, eh? I didn't have any protein shakes, and that's where these numbers come from. I think I'm more lactose-intolerant than I realized. After I had the yogurt and the ricotta, I was in pain and "carb coma" (even though few carbs) for a few hours. I felt full and didn't want to eat. I wanted to cook, though, and so I decided to taste my concoctions instead of having a shake. It's only one day with low protein out of many days with extremely high numbers, so I'm not too worried about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment