Thursday, October 29, 2009

What I Ate: 10/28/2009

  • 2/3 pumpkin "Muffin in a Minute" (110 kcals, 8g protein, 1g net carbs) with 1 slice Hormel Natural honey deli ham (18 kcals, 2.5g protein, 1g net carbs)
  • 4 Monica's Fall Pumpkin and Bacon Chicken Meatballs (100 kcals, 16g protein, 3.2g net carbs)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate with iced decaf, SF chocolate and vanilla syrup, Truvia, and 1 tbsp. Hershey's unsweetened cocoa (121 kcals, 25g protein, 4g net carbs)
  • 4 "Shelly's Bites" crustless mini-quiches from The World According to Eggface. I followed her basic recipe but used my own flavor combination - asparagus, mushroom, and smoked gouda with shallots, pepper, and thyme. I also used egg substitute instead of real eggs; it still tastes great and drastically cuts the calories! I took these as an hors d'oeuvre to a dinner party, and they were extremely popular. These will definitely be added to my repertoire for both dinner/brunch parties and daily life. I should be an expert in these by the time I'm through! (112 kcals, 10.4g protein, 6g net carbs) - each of these bites is about 28 calories, 2.6g protein, and 1.5g net carbs.
  • About 3.5 oz. pork roast (about 208 kcals, 28.5g protein, 0g carbs) with a few small pieces of zucchini and a bite or two of roasted onion (veggies maybe 40 kcals, 3g net carbs?) - this was the main course at the dinner party, and it was terrific!
  • 2 Celebrate mandarin orange multivitamins (10 kcals, 1g net carbs)
  • About 4 water mix-ins (40 kcals, 10g net carbs)
  • 1 Bariatric Advantage chocolate calcium citrate chew (15 kcals, 3g net carbs)
Total:
774 kcals
90.4g protein
46.7% kcals from protein
32.2g net carbs
16.6% kcals from net carbs.

The dinner party pork loin was the source of a lot more fat than I usually have, which is what threw my protein numbers a bit off for today. But it was totally worth it - it was delicious, and the cook did a fantastic job! Shelly's Bites were amazing as well. These are totally going to become an important part of my food repertoire!

No comments:

Post a Comment