Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What I Ate: 10/21/2009

  • Another soy-ginger drumstick. I eat leftovers days in a row! At least this is yummy. (155 kcals, 23.5g protein, about 3g net carbs)
  • Dutch chocolate Isopure in iced decaf with SF cookie dough syrup, 3 packets Truvia, and 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa (117 kcals, 25g protein, about 3g net carbs)
  • 1 bag Revival BBQ soy chips - a new thing I just ordered from BE (105 kcals, 7g protein, 13g net carbs)
  • Had dinner at Mediterranean Tea Room. I ordered a 5 oz. chicken breast, of which I ate half - 2.5 oz. Not completely sure of the caloric content because I'm sure they used some oil or butter to prepare it. My generous estimate, based on other restaurant nutritional information, is - (200 kcals, 20g protein, 0g net carbs)
  • 1 serving Fage nonfat cheesecake base (57 kcals, 6.5g protein, 5g net carbs) with 1/2 scoop Inspire ice cream sandwich protein powder (63 kcals, 15g protein, 1g net carbs) and a 2 tbsp. dollop of fat-free Cool Whip on top (15 kcals, 0g protein, 3g net carbs), total (135 kcals, 21.5g protein, 9g net carbs)
  • 2 Celebrate multivitamins (10 kcals, 1g net carbs)
  • About 6 water mix-ins (60 kcals, 15g net carbs - ack!)
Totals:
782 kcals
97g protein
43g net carbs

49.6% kcals from protein
22.0% kcals from net carbs

I went 50 minutes on the elliptical for an estimated burn of 480 calories and a supposed distance of 4.3 miles.

As you can see, I've decided to start tracking my net carbs. I choose to calculate them as total carb grams minus fiber, minus 1/2 sugar alcohol grams. (Some would subtract all of the sugar alcohols; others would subtract none of them. I subtract half.) As I get further out and am slightly expanding my food universe, I want to make sure I'm staying within a good range of carbs. Some people recommend no more than 35 grams of net carbs daily in the "weight loss" phase of this surgery.

Clearly I have exceeded that limit today, but the culprits are very clear: the soy chips, which I do not regret eating in the least, and the drink mixes (!) which I now realize that I need to cut back on. Starting tomorrow, I will try making my flavored water a little less strong. I'll try using only 3 packets of Crystal Light and Crystal Light-esque beverages a day, instead of six. Also, I'm not sure if 35 is really too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment