Sunday, May 10, 2009

What I Ate: 5/9/2009 (Bad Day)

  • 2 oz. mustard teriyaki salmon (110 kcals, 14g protein)
  • 1 sugar-free Fudgesicle (35 kcals, 1g protein)
  • 2 oz. fat-free refried beans with salsa and cilantro (55 kcals, 3g protein)
  • Some toppings off a ratatouille pizza, mostly squash, zucchini, and tomato, with a little bit of mozzarella cheese.

Total: Who knows, but it ain't good.

This was a bad day. A very bad day.

First, I didn't go to the gym today. I hadn't planned to go, but after we decided to go to the restaurant I should have made time to go.

Second, I screwed up and had a sugar-free Fudgesicle (argh, 2 more are left) instead of a protein shake. I had a serious snacky urge/head hunger moment this afternoon, and then I ate the Fudgesicle and the beans. I felt stuffed and gross afterward.

Third, as you'll note in the post below, we had planned to go to Ben's Next Door after the play, and I was going to have the roasted tomato soup. Unfortunately, the play ran really long and we wound up having to go to another place in the same area, Ulah Bistro. Not only was I going to an unexpected place, but by the time we got there they were running their "late night" menu--and you can guess what that means in terms of food healthfulness and quality. I wound up eating some of the toppings of a ratatouille pizza. I don't know how much. I felt fine when eating it, but now I feel fatter than ever and disappointed with myself.

Am I going to let this fail too? After all I went through to have the surgery???

3 comments:

  1. It's one day; you will be ok. One day will not make you fail, and tomorrow is a new day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Dara. We learn from our mistakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a few ounces of some oily vegetables with a little bit of cheese means inevitable life failure because...?

    I think you need to give yourself a break. Still.

    ReplyDelete