Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What I Ate: 5/4/2009

  • 4 oz. hazelnut mocha protein shake (4 oz. water, 1/2 or so tsp. instant decaf coffee, a splash or two of Torani sugar-free hazelnut syrup, and 1 scoop of Nectar Chocolate Truffle protein powder) (100 kcals, 23g protein)
  • 1 oz. curried egg salad, 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss (0.75 oz.), 1 tsp spicy brown mustard (100 kcals, 7.5g protein)
  • 2 oz. Rachel's cottage cheese, sundried tomato pesto flavor (52 kcals, 6g protein)
  • 2 oz. tofu teriyaki (roughly 55 kcals, 5g protein)
  • 4 oz. hazelnut mocha peanut butter protein shake (4 oz. water, 1 tsp. instant decaf coffee, splash of Torani sugar-free hazlenut syrup, 1/2 scoop of Syntha-6 Chocolate Peanut Butter protein shake - I got a sample from Vitalady) (100 kcals, 11g protein) [note that 11g is really low for a protein shake, but I only used half a scoop because a full one-scoop serving of Syntha-6 has a ridiculous amount of calories.]

Total: 407 kcals, 52.5g protein, 51.6% kcals from protein.

I give myself an "A-" for today's food. ;-) Seriously, I'm happier with this combination of overall protein grams, percentage of calories from protein, and still managing to keep the calories relatively low. However, I did not work out today. I definitely could have made time. And I only got about 48 oz. of fluid in, which is terrible compared because I've been getting all 64 oz. in the past several days. So overall, today was more like a C-/D+ day.

In other news, I start on fish tomorrow! Dishes for this week include tuna-artichoke salad, poached tilapia in tomato-herb cream sauce, and Asian-inspired glazed salmon - all my recipes. Yumm...and lots of protein...

No comments:

Post a Comment