Thursday, May 7, 2009

So Tired...

One thing I've noticed since surgery is that I get tired (and disgustingly sweaty) a lot more easily than I did before.

This fact was driven home this morning. In order to get to work, I walk about 15-18 minutes to the Metro, take the train for less than 20 minutes, and then walk about 7-10 minutes to the office up a slight incline. Pre-op, this was nothing. This morning, I was literally dripping sweat after the walk to the Metro stop and for the rest of the way. I had to put my head on my desk for about five minutes once I got to work. I need a shower. I want to go home. I don't know how I'm going to bring myself to go to the gym this evening.

I'm not too worried about this yet because I understand that it's normal for people to experience fatigue for the first 3-4 weeks after surgery. If this is still going on in a week or so, I might start worrying more. Just to be safe, I'm going to get some second, third, and fourth opinions about nutrition and supplementation stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment