Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What I Ate: 5/25/2009

  • 1 Mini Babybel Cheddar cheese round (70 kcals, 5g protein)
  • 1/2 Roma tomato (18 kcals, 0.5g protein) with 1/4 oz. smoked salmon (about 15 kcals, about 2.5g protein), 1/4 oz. ricotta cheese (10 kcals, 1g protein), and 0.5 oz. avocado (about 25 kcals, about 1g protein)
  • 1 scoop Nectar protein (fuzzy navel/strawberry kiwi) with 1/2 packet Crystal Light (95 kcals, 23g protein)
  • 2.5 oz. grilled salmon (125 kcals, 16g protein)
  • 3 oz. grilled shrimp (about 150 kcals - they were probably coated with oil; about 14g protein)
  • 1 scoop Nectar chocolate truffle protein supplement with 4 oz. unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze (120 kcals, 23.5g protein)

Total: 628 kcals, 86.5g protein, 55.1% kcals from protein.

All I can say about this is...yikes! I guess between trying to get rid of the leftover brunch and struggling to find WLS-friendly food at an Italian restaurant in the Midwest, I didn't do an awesome job. Really, the main issue here is that my portions were larger than normal at all meals. At lunch, I got the "full" feeling for the first time since surgery. I am going to bring my scale to each meal and make sure I'm staying at the 2 oz. mark as much as possible for the rest of my time here (I'm off in Kansas City for the week being a camp counselor.)

My dismay at having consumed over 600 calories today is mitigated by the fact that I'm pretty sure this isn't an outrageous amount to most six-week post-ops. And I did *great* on protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment