Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What I Ate: 5/11/2009

  • 1.5 oz. scrambled eggs with spinach (about 75 kcals, 5g protein) and 1 stalk turkey bacon-wrapped asparagus (0.5 oz) (22 kcals, 1.5g protein)
  • 4 oz./1 scoop Nectar chocolate truffle shake (100 kcals, 23g protein)
  • 2 oz. tuna-artichoke salad (about 60 kcals, about 9g protein)
  • 2 oz. tofu teriyaki (about 65 kcals, 5g protein)
  • 4 oz./1 scoop Nectar chocolate truffle shake (100 kcals, 23g protein)

Total: 422 kcals, 66.5g protein, 63.0% kcals from protein.

Gym time: Today was another long and slow day. I was trying to make sure my heart rate didn't go too high, so I was moving pretty slowly. It was unfortunate because going fast is more fun - but this was fun too. 60 minutes on the elliptical for a supposed burn of 505 kcals.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog!! I will be having surgery in the next 2 months, and this has been VERY helpful. Can you give me more info on the tuna - artichoke salad, is this something you make, or are you buying it? If you buy it, do you know the basic ingredients? I would love to recreate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Good luck with getting everything together for surgery.

    On the tuna-artichoke salad, it's extremely simple. I make it myself. It's just tuna, canned artichoke hearts chopped sort of small, grated raw garlic to taste, a little sauteed red onion, and a combination of whole grain mustard, spicy brown mustard, and fage Greek yogurt for the dressing. I also sprinkled a little fat-free parmesan cheese on top. It's a tangy salad, but I think it would also be good if you used red peppers and light mayo.

    ReplyDelete