Sunday, May 24, 2009

What I Ate: 5/24/2009

  • 1.25 oz. mustard BBQ pulled chicken breast (about 35 kcals, about 5g protein) with 1 Belgian endive leaf with artichoke-spinach-parmesan filling (1 oz.) - there was a tiny bit of protein in this because I used Greek yogurt to make the sauce, lots of lowfat parmesan pieces, and also artichoke hearts have a little protein (about 20 kcals, about 1g protein)
  • 3/4 scoop Nectar chocolate truffle with 1/4 scoop Unjury chocolate protein powder (my DC nutritionist gave me Unjury samples at our consultation) in 4 oz. unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze (120 kcals, about 22g protein)
  • 1 soft-scrambled egg (70 kcals, 6g protein) with 1/2 fat-free Kraft Sharp single (15 kcals, 2.5g protein)
  • 1/4 cup fruit salad (about 75 kcals, about 0g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure Dutch Chocolate protein powder in 4 oz. unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze (130 kcals, 25.5g protein)

Total: 465 kcals, 62g protein, 53.3% kcals from protein.

I aim for 70g protein a day, and obviously this isn't that. I was trying to get rid of some of the food from yesterday's brunch. I'm not happy that I had that instinct because it's a bad habit, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I will just prepare less food next time!

Me and a couple friends went for a long walk in Georgetown today, so that has to count as my exercise for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment