Sunday, May 3, 2009

What I Ate: 5/2/2009

  • 1 large hard-boiled egg (1 oz.) with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss (0.75 oz.) and 1 teaspoon of spicy brown mustard with Splenda (bootleg honey mustard) (about 110 kcals, 9.5g protein)
  • 2 tbsp. nonfat half and half - in a venti decaf iced americano with sugar-free hazelnut syrup from Starbucks - a great way to get those liquids in (20 kcals, 1g protein)
  • 2 oz. fat-free refried beans with nonfat Greek yogurt and salsa (about 50 kcals, 3g protein)
  • 1 sugar-free Fudgesicle - definitely need to get rid of these (35 kcals, 2g protein)
  • 1 oz. cream cheese dessert with 1 oz. protein-infused cooked cinnamon apples - I used the PURE unflavored whey protein from Bariatric Eating after the apples were cooked and cooled to make sure the protein maintained its integrity (yummy. Remember the Applebee's Apple Chimi Cheesecake? It's reminiscent of that, obviously without the pastry.) (about 60 kcals, 8g protein)

Total: 275 kcals, 23g protein, 33.5% kcals from protein. Grade for today = ??? (I know this is far from being enough protein, but I think these results are in line with what my surgeon expects right now.)

Also, an activity report: Went to the gym again today, but it didn't go as well as the first time. Did the same thing - about 37 minutes on the elliptical at level 5. But I was already sweating (gross) and my heart rate was elevated when I got there, presumably from the 15-minute walk from my house to the gym. That sucks. But anyway, I took it *really* slow and never even got up to 100 strides per minute. Untrustworthy machine said I burned 302 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment