Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What I Ate: 5/20/2009

  • 1 large hard-boiled egg (70 kcals, 6g protein) with 1 Mini Babybel Light cheese round (50 kcals, 6g protein)
  • 2 oz. mustard BBQ pulled chicken breast (about 65 kcals, about 10g protein)
  • 1 scoop Nectar chocolate truffle protein shake, in 4 oz. of water (100 kcals, 23g protein)
  • 1.5 oz. skim milk, for my afternoon Starbucks venti decaf iced americano (12 kcals, 1g protein)
  • 1 large (2 oz.) seared sea scallop with 1 strip of thin & crispy turkey bacon and 1/2 tbsp. tomato sauce - scrumptious! (about 70 kcals, about 14g protein)
  • 1 scoop Nectar chocolate truffle protein shake, in 4 oz. of unsweetened chocolate almond milk, for a change! This was *insanely* delicious - I might transition completely for just 23 extra calories! (123 kcals, 24g protein)

Total: 490 kcals, 84g protein, 68.6% kcals from protein.

This was the highest daily protein intake I've had since surgery! I'm looking forward to getting back to the gym, hopefully tomorrow but most likely on Friday. But I'm trying to make sure I don't go into "starvation mode," hence the upped calories.

I went to Whole Foods today and got the fresh scallops, smoked salmon, and both the vanilla and chocolate unsweetened Almond Breeze (almond milk.) I adore grocery shopping post-op!

No comments:

Post a Comment