Saturday, May 23, 2009

What I Ate: 5/23/2009

I hosted brunch for a group of my SC friends who live in DC this afternoon. I made a light, summery meal: fruit salad with apples, strawberries, mango, kiwi, and orange zest; grilled zucchini with lemon-tomato vinaigrette; Belgian endive with spinach-artichoke-parmesan filling; Roma tomatoes stuffed with cilantro-lime ricotta, smoked salmon, and avocado; and a crustless quiche filled with turkey bacon, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, and basil and topped with a sauce made of nonfat Fage, mustard, and seasonings.

Of course, the only thing that was completely eaten was the one high protein food on the list - the quiche.

Here's what I ate today:
  • 2 Belgian endive leaves with about 1.5 oz. spinach-artichoke-parmesan filling
  • About 1.5 oz. of fruit salad
  • About 1 oz. quiche
  • 2 scoops Nectar chocolate truffle protein shake, 1 with unsweetened chocolate Almond Breeze; 1 with unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze

I am aware that this isn't enough protein! Hopefully one day off the wagon won't be the end of the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment