Thursday, May 7, 2009

What I Ate: 5/7/2009

  • 4 oz. Nectar chocolate truffle shake with hazelnut and 1/2 tsp. decaf instant coffee (100 kcals, 23g protein)
  • 2 oz. refried beans with salsa (about 50 kcals, 3g protein)
  • 2 oz. tuna-artichoke salad (about 60 kcals, 9g protein)
  • 4 oz. Nectar fuzzy navel protein shake (90 kcals, 23g protein)
  • 2 oz. poached tilapia in tomato-herb-cream sauce - this was killer delicious (about 75 kcals, about 12g protein)

Total: 375 kcals, 70g protein, 74.7% kcals from protein.

I'm at peace with these results. Perhaps not enough calories - I just don't know - but this is the most protein I've had in one day and I'm happy to have done that while keeping the calories in check. My little plan about food scheduling didn't work out as I'd planned: It was 9:30am (shake), 12:30pm, 3:30pm, 6pm (shake), and 11:00pm today. I just couldn't get out of bed and woken up in time to eat before 9:30. I hate eating as soon as I wake up.

I'd planned to have the Lean Dessert fresh cinnamon roll shake today, which would have added 130 calories and a few carbs. Unfortunately, I don't like it anymore! It still smells delicious, but it tastes like cardboard to me. People say tastebuds can change after surgery, but I hadn't noticed that until today. Instead of thinking it was too sweet - the usual complaint from post-ops about stuff like Lean Dessert - I think it's wayyy bland. Perhaps a giveaway is in order.

Went to the gym today. Was moving slowly because, as I mentioned in the previous post, I get overheated easily these days. My heart rate was again elevated before I even started. Used the elliptical for 45 minutes for a supposed burn of 381 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment