Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Tribute to Fage ("Fa-yeh") Greek Yogurt

Fage Greek yogurt, how I love thee.

Greek yogurt is a WLS post-op's dream, in my opinion. I always use the Fage 0% (nonfat) plain version, so that's what I'm shouting out. But I'm sure other Greek yogurt is just as tribute-worthy.

I am less than 3 weeks post-op, but I have already used this wonderful stuff in practically everything I've cooked and/or eaten, including:
  • curried egg salad
  • refried beans
  • my modification of Shelly's baked ricotta (both in the ricotta base to make the fat-free ricotta creamier and in the tomato/asparagus sauce to make it richer)
  • creamed spinach
  • cream cheese dessert

I don't even like yogurt. Never have. I will probably never eat this stuff by itself or as the main part of a dish. But as a supporting player, it is awesome. It's reminiscent of sour cream.

Next up: I'm going to use it as the base of a thyme and rosemary-infused cream sauce for poached tilapia once I can start eating fish on Tuesday. Wish me luck. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment