Sunday, November 8, 2009

What I Ate: 11/7/2009

Took the MPRE this morning. Pretty sure I didn't pass. Oh well - on to March!
  • 1 bag (1 oz.) Kay's Naturals Honey Almond protein cereal (100 kcals, 9g protein, 12g net carbs)
  • 1 serving classic tuna and pea loaf with cheddar sauce - man, so good (101 kcals, 14.6g protein, 6.3g net carbs)
  • 1 Chai Tea Believe protein drink. (120 kcals, 20g protein, 5g net carbs)
  • I went to dinner at a terrific restaurant in downtown Camden, SC, a beautiful little city in the Olde English District of South Carolina. Camden is an equestrian town. William F. Buckley, Jr.'s family had a summer home there. The restaurant is Indigo Jones, and I was jonesing on their awesome food. If this place were in Columbia, it might be my favorite, with their diverse array of interesting but protein-rich dishes. I think it's better than Motor Supply! And it's great for a WLS-er, because most of their food is served tapas-style. I had the escargots, the pecan-crusted breast of cornish hen, and the special, grilled escolar. I loved all the dishes, but in that order of preference. The hen breast crusting obviously had a little sugar in it, so I ate some of the chicken without the crusting. This obviously had more fat and calories than normal for me, but I still felt good about the choices I made, given that this was an extra-special occasion.
  • 2 Celebrate orange multivitamins (10 kcals, 1g net carbs)
  • 2 Calcet calcium citrate chews in lemon. I'm only supposed to have one a day, but I had more than one. I won't have one tomorrow, I guess. I had both in a row. Interestingly, I felt a little queasy afterwards, likely owing to the sugariness of the chews. Compare with the breakfast cereal and soy chips, which have about the same number of carbs but more from complex sources and starch than from straight-up simple sugar. (80 kcals, 12g net carbs)
  • 1 Celebrate iron (5 kcals, 1g net carbs)
  • 2 pouches of sugar-free drink mix (20 kcals, 5g net carbs)
Total: Not sure because of the awesomeness of Indigo Jones, but I think I did pretty well, considering.

I went on a lovely walk in Camden on some beautiful property for today's activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment