Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What I Ate: 11/10/2009

Felt like doing liquids most of today. No specific reason; I just thought it would be a good way to exercise control over my eating. I intended to do them all day, but then I had meatloaf for a really late dinner instead of a shake. I didn't get my last intended shake in because I expected to be up later than I was.

  • 1 Mocha Latte Believe protein drink. (120 kcals, 20g protein, 5g net carbs)
  • 1/2 (7 oz.) Oh Yeah! ready-to-drink protein in Cookies & Creme flavor (110 kcals, 16g protein, 1.5g net carbs)
  • "Tan Velvet" protein frozen yogurt (134 kcals, 26.5g protein, 6.5g net carbs)
  • 1 serving Apple-Cranberry Turkey Loaf with Pumpkin-Maple-Orange Sauce (84 calories, 10.5g protein, 6.7g net carbs)
  • 2 Calcet calcium citrate lemon creamy bite (80 kcals, 12g net carbs)
  • 2 Celebrate orange multivitamins (10 kcals, 1g net carbs)
  • 1 Celebrate iron (5 kcals, 1g net carbs)
  • 3 pouches of sugar-free drink mix (30 kcals, 7.5g net carbs)
Total:
573 kcals
73g protein
51.0% kcals from protein
41.2g net carbs
28.8% kcals from net carbs.
I fell short on protein count today, but I also fell short on calories today. I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'm sure my protein binge of Sunday evening/Monday morning means it's probably not the end of the world that I didn't get those grams in today.

I tell ya - liquid protein tends to keep me really full if that's all I'm having that day. I mean, when I'm eating solid food and using shakes to supplement, I get hungrier faster after the shake than after the dense protein. However, when I'm only having protein supplements, I can go all day without eating (which is what happened here from about 12-9 pm, thus the lower calories and protein than normal.)

What up with that, yo?

No comments:

Post a Comment