Monday, September 7, 2009

What I Ate: 9/7/2009

  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in homemade iced decaf with Torani sugar-free white chocolate syrup - again, delish! (110 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 3 oz. of the Bolognese sauce I made last night to put over fat-free ricotta. It was extremely filling, or maybe this is a "small pouch" day (about 140 kcals, 20g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in a grande Starbucks iced decaf americano (115 kcals, 26g protein)
  • About 1.5 large peach, sliced (90 kcals, 0g protein)
  • 1 serving of my shrimp and edamame salad with a sweet and spicy soy-ginger glaze (about 125 kcals, 18g protein)
  • About 1 oz. of the Bolognese sauce, leftover from packing the lunches (45 kcals, 7g protein); 1 Mini Babybel Light cheese round (50 kcals, 6g protein)

Total: 675 kcals, 102g protein, 60.4% kcals from protein.

I tried my new yoga video this morning and did it again later tonight. The jury is still out on the whole yoga thing for me, but the video is just 20-30 minutes, so why not try every once in a while? Actually, I already feel pretty in touch with my body, which is perhaps why I didn't think this video was earthshattering. But at least I can get through it, unlike the Pilates video!

For "real" exercise, I did the aforementioned Leslie Sansone 5-Mile video. It was pretty sweet.

I keep buying gifts for myself lately, and today's purchase was the "Total Body TransFIRMation System" from The Firm. I'm sure you've seen their informercials over the years. The Firm is based here in South Carolina, and I could go work out at their studio if I were so inclined. Because the instructors are all local women, I've always been curious about it. I've looked at most of the DVDs and I'm pretty sure it's beyond my fitness level, but not so much that I can't stumble through it and get a good calorie burn in the process. Most of the videos have one person that we beginners are supposed to follow for a more low-impact experience. Maybe I'll give it a try in a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment