Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What I Ate: 9/16/2009

  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in instant iced decaf with sugar-free white chocolate syrup (110 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 2 slices of turkey bologna, fried up in a little nonstick spray (50 kcals, 6g protein) and 1 mini-Babybel light cheese round (50 kcals, 6g protein). Fried bologna is amazing! Reminds me of my granddaddy... and somehow the 98% fat-free turkey version manages to be a great post-WLS meal.
  • Went to Miyo's on Main this afternoon for lunch with a USC Law professor who graduated from YLS in '04. I had the yellowtail jalapeno, which also has a little shredded carrot on top and is served in soy sauce (about 100 kcals, 18g protein). I also had miso soup (about 50 kcals, 2g protein). Skipped the edamame this time - it's dangerous because I always eat too much of them. They are definitely a binge trigger food for me!
  • 9 roasted pistachios, no salt - I bought 10, but 1 of them fell on the ground...horrors (36 kcals, 0.9g protein)
  • 1/2 cup Old El Paso fat-free refried beans (90 kcals, 6g protein) with 1 tbsp. nonfat Fage Greek yogurt (15 kcals, 2.5g protein), 1 tbsp. Publix medium salsa (5 kcals, 0g protein), and 1/2 slice fat-free sharp cheddar cheese (15 kcals, 2.5g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in instant iced decaf (110 kcals, 25g protein)

Total: 631 kcals, 93.9g protein, 59.5% kcals from protein.

Not as much protein today. I wanted to eat the refried beans, but they are a lot of calories relative to the grams of protein. And I also had the pistachios, which are mostly composed of fat calories.

I tried out my new morning exercise routine today! Woke up at 5:45 and got to the gym at work by 6:30. I did an hour on the elliptical for a supposed burn of about 540 calories. I was only planning to do 45 minutes and then 5 minutes of cool down, but then I realized I still had plenty of time so I stretched it out to an hour. But I kept up the cool down pace for the entire 15 minutes, pushing calorie burn pretty low for that long of a workout :-/.

I think I'll alternate days with getting up and working out there versus working out at home, and then on the weekends go for longer walks, etc.

Nightly yoga will be happening tonight too. I *almost* went to a real yoga studio today to try out a beginners' class, but I might want to be thinner before I try yoga in front of others... or maybe I'll try on a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment