Thursday, September 24, 2009

What I Ate: 9/24/2009

  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in instant iced decaf with sugar-free white chocolate syrup (110 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 1 serving (3 slices) Hormel natural (i.e., no added nitrates/nitrites) turkey (50 kcals, 10g protein), 1 Sargento light string cheese (60 kcals, 8g protein), and 1/4 vine-ripened tomato with the insides removed (about 10 kcals, 0g protein)
  • 1 serving (3 slices) Hormel natural (i.e., no added nitrates/nitrites) turkey (50 kcals, 10g protein), 1 Sargento light string cheese (60 kcals, 8g protein), and 1/4 vine-ripened tomato with the insides removed (about 10 kcals, 0g protein) - had this again because I accidentally left my frozen meals at home
  • 10 pistachios (40 kcals, 1g protein)
  • About 3/4 peach (60 kcals, 0g protein)
  • 1.5 oz of the leftover chicken kebab (about 100 kcals, 12g protein) and some amount of leftover Greek salad that I didn't touch last night - mostly the feta and lettuce (about 100 kcals, 4g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in a tall Starbucks iced decaf with sugar-free vanilla syrup (110 kcals, 25g protein)

Total: 760 kcals, 103g protein, 54.2% kcals from protein.

I seem to have gotten the evening munchies back - like, I can go all day without eating much or eating on schedule, then at night, I want to eat everything in sight. Fortunately, the most offensive foods are now out of my house - restaurant leftovers, the delicious peaches. I have to nip this in the bud. Tonight I got the urge to binge, just like before surgery. You feel like you have no control over what you're doing. You just eat and eat and eat. It's not even emotional eating. It almost feels like a reflex.

Anyway, it has to end. One slip won't end it all, but I don't like seeing myself head down this road, especially so soon after surgery. I wonder whether my recent obsession with sugarless gum is making me crave more food?

No comments:

Post a Comment