Sunday, September 13, 2009

What I Ate: 9/13/09

  • Tilapia breakfast taco: Had leftover tilapia from last night, so I had it for breakfast. Sauteed 2 oz. of tilapia (52 kcals, 11.4g protein) with one link of Jimmy Dean turkey sausage (40 kcals, 3.3g protein) and put it in a romaine leaf (5 kcals, 0g protein) with 1 tbsp. Publix medium salsa (5 kcals, 0g protein). Yumm-o, even though if I were a food critic I would say that the flavor of tilapia is a bit too delicate for this preparation. The fish ultimately added texture instead of flavor. Might be good to try this again with a more strongly-flavored fish like salmon. (102 kcals, 14.7g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in instant iced decaf with sugar-free white chocolate syrup (110 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 1 Jimmy Dean turkey sausage link (40 kcals, 3.2g protein) and a few slices of peach (25 kcals, 0g protein)
  • 1/4 cup fat-free ricotta with 1/4 cup Bolognese sauce made from lean ground beef (140 kcals, 17g protein)
  • 1 3 oz. eye of round steak with Worcestershire, garlic, rosemary, and cracked black pepper - so magically delicious! (140 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in instant iced decaf with sugar-free white chocolate syrup (110 kcals, 25g protein)

Total: 667 kcals, 109.9g protein, 65.9% kcals from protein.

I got up this morning and did the Leslie Sansone 5-mile walk, and then I did a new yoga video called Yoga for Beginners II. This is a beginner video for people who want to really engage in a yoga practice, I think. We learned the names of some of the poses and held them a lot longer than you have to hold them in the Yoga for Weight Loss quick start video.

Not sure if I want to become a yoga devotee or not. I'm not very flexible and I have terrible posture, so I like the idea of improving those areas. I could do without some of the New Age-ish aspects of it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment