Saturday, September 5, 2009

What I Ate: 9/5/2009

  • 1 egg white crepe (30 kcals, 6g protein) with 1 serving (7 slices) of Hillshire Farm corned beef (60 kcals, 11g protein) and 1 tbsp. spicy mustard (5 kcals, 0g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein supplement in a tall sugar-free vanilla iced decaf americano from Starbucks (110 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 1 serving (6 slices) Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh chicken breast, barbecue flavor (50 kcals, 9g protein) and 1 mini Babybel light cheese round (50 kcals, 6g protein) - this was my beach meal...
  • 1 set of crab legs - these were super-skimpy and I don't think I wound up with more than 2.5 oz. of crab meat, if that. I was so angry. I got these at a crab shack right on Folly Beach and so expected something MUCH better. I'm calculating the calories for 2.5 oz. of meat and the protein for 2 oz. (80 kcals, 14g protein)
  • 15 pistachio nuts. I had to get these at the gas station right after the crab to supplement my meal. I wasn't satisfied after the pathetic crab legs (60 kcals, 1.5g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in a homemade iced decal americano (110 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 10 pieces of Orbit Mist gum in Mango Surf (25 kcals, 0g protein)

Total: 580 kcals, 97.5g protein, 67.2% kcals from protein.

As I mentioned above, I spent the day on the beach. One of the nice things about living in Columbia is being within 2 hours of the mountains and the beach. I went to Folly Beach on the outskirts of Charleston, where I'd never been before. It has a laid-back reputation and there is a critical mass of surfers, which I've been told is uncommon for a Carolina beach. I liked it - despite my major disappointment with the crab legs!

This was a lighter activity day, I guess. I took a walk along the beach in the water, but it probably wasn't much more than a mile. I played in the water a lot and did some stretching. I also attempted the Pilates DVD again.

No comments:

Post a Comment