Friday, September 18, 2009

What I Ate: 9/18/09

  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in instant iced decaf with sugar-free white chocolate syrup (110 kcals, 25g protein)
  • Went to the Columbia Greek festival today with coworkers to pick up eats. I bought a Greek salad and the 1/2 roasted chicken. So, meal #1 from all of this was: About 3.5 oz. roasted chicken breast (175 kcals, 28g protein), a couple of strips of iceberg lettuce, 1 cherry tomato (3 kcals, 0g protein), 1 olive (5 kcals, 0g protein), and a few small blocks of feta - maybe 0.5 oz? (40 kcals, 2g protein). I added some calories to the chicken to account for whatever it was roasted in, but I didn't eat the skin. Lots of calories for one meal for me, but it's awesome to have had 55 grams of protein before noon!
  • Meal #2 from my Greek festival gatherings. About 3 oz. of dark (thigh and leg) chicken (about 250 kcals, 22g protein), about 1 oz. feta (75 kcals, 4g protein), a few tiny pieces of iceberg lettuce, and 2 olives (10 kcals, 0g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in instant iced decaf with sugar-free white chocolate syrup (110 kcals, 25g protein)

Total: 778 kcals, 106g protein, 54.5% kcals from protein.

Since my meals were quite high-calorie today with a high fat content, I only ate solid food twice. Dense protein keeps me full for a long time, so I wasn't hungry all day after eating the chicken breast. The dark meat is so greasy! Fortunately, it didn't make me sick like the spinach-artichoke dip I had a my friend's bridal shower. This is the most calories I've had in one day since surgery, or close to it (I think I had one day in Seattle where I had a bit over 780 calories. Meh...)

Today's activity: Morning yoga and evening pilates. No cardio today after all - I stayed up too late watching Real Housewives and doing night yoga, so I just didn't have the oomph to get up and go to the gym this morning. The pilates video is super-challenging for me, but I at least got through it this time with a couple modifications in the postures.

Tomorrow morning is my five-mile walk at the park. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment