Thursday, September 3, 2009

What I Ate: 9/3/2009

  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in a grande sugar-free vanilla iced decaf americano from Starbucks (115 kcals, 26g protein)
  • 2.5 oz. pork loin (leftover from last night) wrapped with 1 slice Jennie-O turkey bacon and 2 cloves of garlic - this was not nearly as tasty without the rosemary-peach vinaigrette (148 kals, 21g protein)
  • 1 scoop Inspire ice cream sandwich protein powder in 1/2 cup water (126 kcals, 30g protein). It's been over a week since I had this protein, and I think it's official - I don't like it. :-(
  • Some watermelon - I'm not completely sure how much. It was delicious and I don't regret it. (about 50 kcals, 0g protein)
  • 1/2 cup Old El Paso fat-free refried beans (90 kcals, 6g protein) with 1 tbsp. plain nonfat Fage (15 kcals, 2.5g protein), 1 tbsp. Publix medium salsa (5 kcals, 0g protein), and 1/2 slice fat free Kraft sharp cheddar cheese (15 kcals, 2.5g protein) - I ate this in my pretty new small bowl from Tuesday Morning and it was s-c-r-u-m-p-t-i-o-u-s. The salsa was particularly good - full of fresh cilantro. And it was on sale! The only thing that would have made it better is more spice. They didn't have hot.

Total: 564 kcals, 88g protein, 62.4% kcals from protein.

I may have had too many carbs today between the watermelon, the beans, and the salsa. The beans alone have 18 grams of carbs (though 6 of those are fiber, which is good.) I don't tend to track my carbs other than avoiding food with empty carbs, but I try to keep them as low as possible.

One bad food behavior today was my eating schedule. I ate at noon, 3:30 PM, 8:30 PM, 10:00 PM and 11:30 PM. Way too many calories at night and morning starvation. But I expect that having to get on a schedule will improve this.

For activity today, I walked 4 miles this morning at Columbia's Riverfront Park, and then later tonight I went back and walked 5 more miles for a total of 9 miles. (I had a conference call this afternoon, which is why I didn't try to do this all at one time.) This was really fun. I love long, slow walks! Maybe I should take up hiking?

According to the best calorie calculator I could find online, which takes into account not only the distance of your walk and your weight but also your speed, I burned about 950 kcals.

No comments:

Post a Comment