Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What I Ate: 28th Birthday Edition (9/23/2009)

  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in instant iced decaf with sugar-free white chocolate syrup (110 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 1 serving (3 slices) Hormel natural (i.e., no added nitrates/nitrites) turkey (50 kcals, 10g protein), 1 mini-Babybel Light cheese round (50 kcals, 6g protein) and 1/4 vine-ripened tomato with the insides removed (about 10 kcals, 0g protein)
  • 2.5 oz. Southwestern chicken chili (made with ground chicken breast) (about 87 kcals, 15.5g protein), topped with 1 tbsp. fat-free mozzarella cheese (12 kcals, 2g protein), with 1/4 vine-ripened tomato with the insides removed (about 10 kcals, 0g protein). This chili is SO good. As the old folks would say, I put my foot in that one!
  • My judge - who is AWESOME - took me out to dinner at Mediterranean Tea Room for my birthday! I haven't told her about the RNY, and it was a little awkward that I didn't want to have wine, pita bread, or the yellow rice. Oops! I ate about 1/3 cup of hummus (145 kcals, 4g protein) and roughly 2.5 oz. of chicken kebab (about 130 kcals, 20g protein).
  • Leftovers from dinner - 1.5 oz. of chicken kebab (90 kcals, 12g protein) and about 1/2 defrosted peaches with Splenda (35 kcals, 0g protein)

Total: 729 kcals, 94.5g protein, 51.9% kcals from protein.

It's my birthday! I didn't feel like working out today. I got up early as usual but went to Walgreen's and surfed the net instead. I'm officially 2 years from . . . thirty . . . :-O :-O :-O

It was so sweet of my judge to take me out. I wound up having more calories than intended and after midnight I'm still recovering! Tomorrow's workout will have to be after work. I have to finish an important project early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment