Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What I Ate: 9/22/2009

  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in instant iced decaf with sugar-free white chocolate syrup (110 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 1 serving (3 slices) Hormel natural (i.e., no added nitrates/nitrites) turkey (50 kcals, 10g protein), 1 stick Sargento light string cheese (60 kcals, 8g protein) and 1/4 vine-ripened tomato with the insides removed (about 10 kcals, 0g protein)
  • 2.5 oz. Southwestern chicken chili (made with ground chicken breast) (about 87 kcals, 15.5g protein) over 2 tbsp. cauliflower "rice" with parsley (10 kcals, 0g protein), topped with 1 tbsp. fat-free mozzarella cheese (12 kcals, 2g protein). For my frozen meals, I reduced the 3 oz. serving to 2.5 oz. because I felt slightly over-full after having a 3 oz. portion last night.
  • 3 oz. eye of round steak with the Mediterranean curry rub. I added more curry this time, and it was also delicious (about 150 kcals, 25g protein); about 0.5 oz. feta cheese (45 kcals, 2g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in instant iced decaf with sugar-free vanilla syrup (110 kcals, 25g protein). I found my sugar-free vanilla syrup in one of my unpacked bags this morning.

Total: 644 kcals, 112.5g protein, 69.9% kcals from protein.

Today was a good nutrition day, even though I slightly overate at meal #4 by having the feta. I was feeling a little down because I didn't find anything at Lane Bryant. Since I have to spend my birthday alone, I thought it would be fun to at least have a cute new outfit. Unfortunately, Lane Bryant is in a down period at this time, and by the time I looked around the store I didn't have time to go anywhere else. I was saddened by this, and I have not yet overcome emotional eating.

I hit the office gym this morning. It was kind of awkward because yesterday I ran into one of the guys who works out every morning there, and he asked me if I'd been back since I saw him there on Thursday, almost like he was checking up on me or trying to encourage fat people to work out. I said something like, "Maybe I'll be there tomorrow." Anyway, he was there this morning and said, "You DID come!" It was nice, but I felt uncomfortable. Sometimes I'm more Northeastern in my interactions with people I don't know well, so I didn't now how to respond to that. (Side note: The courthouse is very chummy. My initial employment package included a letter that said, "Welcome to the district court family!")

I was running late though, so I went 50 minutes on the elliptical for a calorie reading of 468. That is a higher rate than yesterday because I'm trying to build my speed so I can burn calories at a higher rate when I'm working out. I was trying to spend most of the workout between 130-150 strides/minute.

By the way, I weighed myself tonight after work - 224.4. So much for almost breaking 220. I hate the scale. :-( I'm hoping this is attributable purely to TOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment