Sunday, December 6, 2009

What I Ate: 12/6/2009

  • 1 slice Hormel Natural deli turkey with 1 slice Mt. Olive no-sugar-added sweet pickle (20 kcals, 3.3g protein, 1g carb, 0g fat)
  • "French toast" and eggs! This was the perfect Sunday brunch item. I made another pumpkin flaxseed "muffin," sliced it into thirds, but served only two-thirds of it because my stomach capacity isn't large enough for the entire muffin plus the egg. (110 kcals, 8.5g protein, 1g net carb, 6g fat). I then griddled the two muffin pieces in a little nonstick spray. Instead of a whole egg, I griddled 1/4 cup of egg substitute. (30 kcals, 6g protein, 1g net carb, 0g fat). I served this with 2 tbsp. sugar-free Mrs. Butterworth's pancake syrup (10 kcals, 2g net carbs). This meal was terrific because it gave me the feeling of a decadent brunch while being very WLS-friendly. The flaxseed muffin alone means that this meal contains almost as much fat than I usually consume in an entire day, but it's all flax oil, which is rich in Omega-3 and other essential fatty acids. People even take flax oil supplements, so I'm cool with my fat grams being a touch higher for eating the real thing. Total - (150 kcals, 14.5g protein, 4g net carb, 6g fat)
  • 1 Believe Italian Cappucino protein "frappucino" (120 kcals, 20g protein, 5g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder in a Starbucks grande iced decaf Americano with 1 tsp. Hershey's unsweetened cocoa and SF vanilla syrup (121 kcals, 25g protein, 6g net carbs, 1g fat)
  • 2.5 oz. pork chop (137 kcals, 22g protein, 0g carbs, 4.8g fat) with 1/4 cup brussel sprouts (17 kcals, 1.4g protein, 1.6g net carbs, 0.2g fat) cooked with the juice of one lemon wedge and 1 tsp. minced garlic (5 kcals, 1g net carb), 1 strip Jennie-O extra lean turkey bacon (20 kcals, 3g protein, 0g carbs, 0.5g fat), and thyme, Worcestershire sauce, and DaVinci sweetening syrup. Total - (179 kcals, 26.4g protein, 2.6g net carbs, 5.5g fat). I nixed the onions today but added the lemon and garlic.
  • 7 almonds. Unfortunately I found these in the bottom of my bag, left over from the last time I bought almonds. I wound up throwing about 7/8 of the bag away after they became really tempting, but when I saw these I thought, "Oh, it's just a few!" and then I ate them and, as usual, my tummy didn't enjoy them. This blog is all about accountability . . . (49 kcals, 2.1g protein, 1.4g net carbs, 4.2g fat)
  • 1/3 cup Fage (40 kcals, 6.6g protein, 3g net carbs, 0g fat) with 1 scoop Inspire ice cream sandwich protein powder mixed in (126 kcals, 30g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat) and various SF syrups (166 kcals, 36.6g protein, 5g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 4 Bariatric Advantage calcium lozenges (12 kcals, 3g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 2 Celebrate orange multivitamins (10 kcals, 1g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 1 Celebrate grape iron + c (5 kcals, 1g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 3 pouches of sugar-free drink mix (30 kcals, 7.5g net carbs, 0g fat)
Total:
862 kcals
127.9g protein
59.4% kcals from protein
37.5g net carbs
17.4% kcals from net carbs
16.2g fat
16.9% kcals from fat

More fat than I probably should have had given my likely gallbladder issues, but oh well. As long as I don't have an attack tonight, I'm cool with this.

Anyway, I FINALLY did my 5-mile walk again today! I attempted the walk twice yesterday but was deterred by the icy cold wind. The sun was gorgeous this morning, so I went anyway despite the chilly wind. Unfortunately I was freezing with numb fingers and a runny nose by the time the walk was over, so I need to think of another weekend workout that will feel like a treat. Maybe I'll try a trainer?

No comments:

Post a Comment