Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Weight Update, or "Welcome to One-derland!"

Just a quick update on my weight! For about a week now, I've been weighing in below 200 (!) This is strange, very strange. The lowest I've gotten is 196.5. If I think optimistically and consider 196.5 my current weight, that's a loss of 141.5 pounds from my highest measured weight of 338 in 2002 and 107.5 from my pre-surgery weight of 304. Not bad for just under eight months, though I know some lose faster.

Wow. This surgery is a whirlwind. I think the last time I weighed below 200 pounds, I was in 5th or 6th grade! I've been celebrating by shopping without buying much. Fortunately, I don't feel ashamed trying lots of stuff on and putting it all back. However, I did buy a very cute shirt at Ann Taylor LOFT (!) this weekend that I'm going to wear in my upcoming "One-derland" professional photos. It's a size Medium. Again - insanity!!!!! (I'm still in plus sizes on the bottom. Don't let my disproportionately small top half fool you.)

I've decided that my final weight goal will be 154, the weight at which I would have a normal body mass index ("BMI"). I may stall out higher than that; I may shoot for lower than that once I get there, but that's my goal for now.

My next mini-goal on the scale is 188, the weight at which my BMI will move from "obese" to "overweight." May not seem like anything exciting to you, but we formerly morbidly obese people relish these minor thrills. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment