Saturday, December 12, 2009

What I Ate: 12/12/2009

Today was a fantastic day!! Woo, I LOVE Saturdays! I bought a new coat today finally (size L, and I could fit into the M but wanted to make sure it wasn't too snug) and a size 14 denim skirt. I also bought a ton of GRE prep materials and spent most of the day studying at various Columbia coffee shops. I'm slooooooowly re-teaching myself the middle/high school math. I have the most difficulty with geometry (I've never been very spatially intelligent) and probability (I never took that class in high school - the "advanced" students took calculus and everyone else took probability/stats.) :-/

  • Steak and eggs: 1.75 oz. sliced eye of round steak (84 kcals, 14.3g protein, 0g carbs, 2.5g fat), 1/4 cup Publix EggStirs (30 kcals, 6g protein, 1g carb, 0g fat), and 1 slice Kraft fat-free Swiss cheese (25 kcals, 4g protein, 2g carb, 0g fat), with a few spices - Total (139 kcals, 24.3g protein, 3g net carbs, 2.5g fat)
  • 10 unsalted roasted pistachios (40 kcals, 1g protein, 1g net carbs, 3g fat)
  • 1 Believe Mocha Latte protein "frappucino" (120 kcals, 20g protein, 5g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • Fake sushi DELICIOUSNESS: 9 medium shrimp cooked with garlic and ginger, chopped (60 kcals, 15g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fat) and 1 cup green lettuce, chopped (5 kcals, 0.5g protein, 0.5g net carbs, 0g fat) dressed with a combination of soy sauce, tamarind concentrate, mustard, natural* rice vinegar, and DaVinci sweetening syrup - I didn't eat very much of this and have some left over for tomorrow (10 kcals, 1g net carbs) all wrapped in 1 sheet of nori (10 kcals, 1g protein, 1g net carb, 0g fat). Total (85 kcals, 16.5g protein, 2.5g carbs, 0g fat). The nori was a completely random purchase at Fresh Market. I'd stopped there to get pistachios but realized, once in the store, that I didn't have any cash. I felt strange using a credit card to buy less than $1 worth of merchandise, so I shopped around for something else. I was intrigued by the nori, having recently watched an episode of Chopped where nori was one of the appetizer ingredients. This creation turned out to be magically delicious. It was a little clumsy to eat because I didn't handle the nori exactly right, but even so, the flavors were amazing. This experiment opens up a new world of WLS-friendly dishes!
  • Bananas foster shake: 1/2 cup vanilla creme Oh Yeah! and 3 oz. bananas & cream Oh Yeah! (110 kcals, 16g protein, 1.5g net carbs, 4.5g fat), 1/2 scoop Elite Gourmet Vanilla protein (57 kcals, 12g protein, 1g net carb, 0.8g fat) with 1 tbsp. sugar-free/fat-free cheesecake pudding mix for texture (15 kcals, 4g carbs), sugar-free butter rum syrup to taste and topped with 2 tbsp. Free Cool Whip (15 kcals, 3g carbs) - Total (197 kcals, 28g protein, 9.5g net carbs, 5.3g fat)
  • 2 Bariatric Advantage calcium lozenges (6 kcals, 1.5g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 1 Celebrate orange multivitamins (5 kcals, 1g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 1 Celebrate grape iron + c (5 kcals, 1g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 3 pouches of sugar-free drink mix (30 kcals, 7.5g net carbs, 0g fat)
Total:
627 kcals
89.8g protein
57.3% kcals from protein
32g net carbs
20.4% kcals from net carbs
10.8g fat
15.5% kcals from fat

I was out and about today and didn't get in a big workout. However, I did at least do a mini Leslie Sansone workout - Muscle Mile One. It was extremely short and tame and I didn't even sweat, but it burned a few calories.

*"natural" in this context means they didn't add sugar to it. Regular rice vinegar has 20 calories per tbsp. while "natural" rice vinegar has 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment