Saturday, December 19, 2009

What I Ate: 12/18/2009

I sampled more of my new flavors proteins and sugar-free syrups today. Fun!

  • Protein eggnog: Just 1/2 vanilla creme Oh Yeah! protein drink and a healthy glug of DaVinci sugar-free Eggnog syrup over ice. Deeeelicious! Would have been even better with some Free Cool Whip and a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg over the top, but it was delicious this way too. Maybe I'll have something eggnog-flavored every day until the new year! That's the only way I'm gonna get through this syrup while the flavor's still in season. (110 kcals, 16g protein, 1.5g carbs, 4.5g fat)
  • 4 slices Hormel Natural Choice (no added nitrate) smoked ham (60 kcals, 10g protein, 1g net carb, 1.5g fat) wrapped around 5 stalks of white asparagus (25 kcals, 2g protein, 2g net carbs, 0g fat). Total - (85 kcals, 12g protein, 3g net carbs, 1.5g fat). Dang, this was good y'all. Really good.
  • 1/2 of a triple chocolate Powercrunch bar - free sample from Bariatric Eating. I don't get into the protein bar thing too much, at least not yet, because they tend to have so many calories and fat/carbs. This was quite tasty, but with that fat content I consider this a "fat bar," not a "protein bar"! (105 kcals, 6.5g protein, 4.5g net carbs, 6.5g fat).
  • Protein eggnog again (110 kcals, 16g protein, 1.5g carbs, 4.5g fat) and 4 pecan halves (40 kcals, 0.4g protein, 0.3g net carbs, 4g fat)
  • Believe Chai Tea (120 kcals, 20g protein, 5g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 2 tbsp. skim milk in Starbucks decaf with sugar-free Irish cream syrup - I bring my own syrups to Sbux (10 kcals, 1g protein, 1g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 1 scoop Inspire caramel latte (110 kcals, 30g protein, 1g carb, 0g fat) in 4 oz. Oikos nonfat Greek yogurt (70 kcals, 12g protein, 5g net carbs, 0g fat) with sugar-free gingerbread syrup and topped with 2 tbsp. Free Cool Whip (15 kcals, 3g net carb). Between this and the eggnog protein, it really tastes like the holiday season! - Total (195 kcals, 42g protein, 9g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 3 slices Hormel Natural turkey slices (50 kcals, 10g protein, 1g net carbs, 1g fat)
  • 4 Bariatric Advantage calcium lozenges (16 kcals, 4g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 2 Celebrate multivitamins in NEW grape! (15 kcals, 4g net carbs)
  • 3 pouches of sugar-free drink mix (30 kcals, 7.5g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 1 Celebrate grape iron + c (5 kcals, 1g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 1 Bariatric Advantage chocolate calcium citrate chewy bite (15 kcals, 3g carbs).
Total:
906 kcals
123.9g protein
54.7% kcals from protein
44.8g net carbs
19.8% kcals from net carbs
22g fat (made up for yesterday a bit . . .)
21.9% kcals from fat
I dragged myself out of bed this morning - an hour later than intended - but still with enough time to exercise. I went an hour on the elliptical for an alleged distance of 4.4 miles and an alleged calorie-burn of a little over 600 calories. It was a tough workout for me; my body had a hard time waking up. But I'm glad I did it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment