Monday, December 28, 2009

What I Ate: 12/28/2009

Backdated for future searching convenience. Posted January 5, 2010 at 9:19 AM.

Monday, December 28 was my first full day back in New Orleans since I first visited back in April 2002 with a couple of college girlfriends. Maaaan . . . I adore that city! The culture is amazing. I could totally move there.

As you will see in a special forthcoming post, I also had one of the best meals of my life on December 28. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
  • 1 scoop Inspire dutch chocolate cake protein in decaf Starbucks via with Splenda (126 kcals, 30g protein, 2g net carbs, 1g fat)
  • 2 tbsp. skim milk in coffee (10 kcals, 1g protein, 1g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 1 scoop Inspire chocolate peanut butter fudge protein mixed with 4 oz. water (127 kcals, 26g protein, 3g net carbs, 1g fat)
  • 1 packet of pistachios (120 kcals, 5g protein, 4g net carbs, 9g fat)
  • Delicious food - seafood sabayon, beet salad, foie gras, sweetbreads, acorn squash ravioli - at Restaurant August, the flagship establishment of Besh Restaurant Group. Link to a special post forthcoming. Yes, you can still enjoy gourmet cuisine after weight loss surgery, as long as you're smart about it!
I have no idea how many calories were in my delicious August meal, so no totals for this day.

However, I did spend 50 minutes on the elliptical machine in the Ritz-Carlton's spa on Monday morning before activities got underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment