Monday, December 28 was my first full day back in New Orleans since I first visited back in April 2002 with a couple of college girlfriends. Maaaan . . . I adore that city! The culture is amazing. I could totally move there.
As you will see in a special forthcoming post, I also had one of the best meals of my life on December 28. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
- 1 scoop Inspire dutch chocolate cake protein in decaf Starbucks via with Splenda (126 kcals, 30g protein, 2g net carbs, 1g fat)
- 2 tbsp. skim milk in coffee (10 kcals, 1g protein, 1g net carbs, 0g fat)
- 1 scoop Inspire chocolate peanut butter fudge protein mixed with 4 oz. water (127 kcals, 26g protein, 3g net carbs, 1g fat)
- 1 packet of pistachios (120 kcals, 5g protein, 4g net carbs, 9g fat)
- Delicious food - seafood sabayon, beet salad, foie gras, sweetbreads, acorn squash ravioli - at Restaurant August, the flagship establishment of Besh Restaurant Group. Link to a special post forthcoming. Yes, you can still enjoy gourmet cuisine after weight loss surgery, as long as you're smart about it!
However, I did spend 50 minutes on the elliptical machine in the Ritz-Carlton's spa on Monday morning before activities got underway.