Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What I Ate: 12/21/2009

  • Thin mint shake: 1 scoop Inspire dutch chocolate cake protein (126 kcals, 30g protein, 2g net carbs, 0g fat) mixed with 4 oz. water, over ice with 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa (10 kcals, 0g protein, 1g net carb, 0.5g fat) and DaVinci sugar-free peppermint and Torani sugar-free chocolate syrups. - Total (136 kcals, 30g protein, 3g net carbs, 0.5g fat).
  • "Pig in a blanket": 1/3 tomato-herb flaxseed microwave muffin (53 kcals, 4g protein, 1g net carb, 3g fat) and 1 98% fat free turkey hot dog (40 kcals, 5g protein, 3g net carbs, o.5g fat) - Total (93 kcals, 9g protein, 4g net carbs, 3.5g fat)
  • 8 stalks braised asparagus (30 kcals, 2.8g protein, 2.4g net carbs, 0.5g fat) wrapped in Hormel low-nitrate smoked ham slices (60 kcals, 10g protein, 1g net carb, 1.5g fat) with 1 slice Kraft fat-free Swiss (25 kcals, 4g protein, 2g carb, 0g fat) - Total (115 kcals, 16.8g protein, 5.4g net carbs, 2g fat)
  • Believe Italian Cappucino protein drink (120 kcals, 20g protein, 5g net carbs, 0g fat) and 4 pecan halves (40 kcals, 0.4g protein, 0.3g net carbs, 4g fat)
  • Chocolate gingerbread Fage: 1 scoop Inspire dutch chocolate cake (126 kcals, 30g protein, 2g net carbs, 0g fat) in 1/3 cup Fage nonfat Greek yogurt (40 kcals, 6.6g protein, 3g net carbs, 0g fat) with sugar-free gingerbread syrup - Total (166 kcals, 36.6g protein, 5g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • Various samples of the food I cooked for the dinner party we're having at work tomorrow - curried chicken cauliflower salad and fruit salad. I have no idea the nutritional stats on this, but I know it was generally WLS-friendly. I used nonfat Fage to replace mayo in the chicken salad. The flavors in this food are bangin'! The chicken salad has chicken breast (obvi), cauliflower, onion, fennel fronds, caramelized fennel, raw fennel, golden raisins, blackcurrants, garlic, garam masala, curry powder, Splenda, cumin, coriander, mace, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, lots of nonfat Fage yogurt and - some other stuff. It was 3 AM when I finished making it; I'm not sure what's in it exactly! The fruit salad's contents are even more ambiguous, but I know it has cherries, blueberries, golden raspberries, apples, persimmons, apricots, dried mission figs, golden raisins, blackcurrants, kumquat zest, fresh ginger, a few pomegranate seeds, and unsweetened coconut in a sauce made with cherry juice, tangerine juice, yuzu juice, tamarind paste, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, mace, Splenda, vanilla flavoring, maple flavoring, DaVinci butter rum syrup, brown Nature Sweet, and whatever else I had laying around the kitchen that seemed to be a good idea at the time. If I could do it over, I would axe the fresh apricots and use dried. I probably would have also bought orange segments to add to the salad. The biggest thing is that I would have added the golden raspberries last - by the time I mixed everything together, they had basically become part of the sauce. I should have known better. Let's hope my boss and co-workers enjoy the food . . .
  • 1 Calcet calcium citrate lemon creamy bite (40 kcals, 6g net carbs, 1.5g fat)
  • 3 Bariatric Advantage calcium lozenges (12 kcals, 3g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 2 Celebrate multivitamins, 1 in orange and 1 in NEW grape (13 kcals, 3g net carbs)
  • 1 Celebrate grape iron + c (5 kcals, 1g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 3 pouches of sugar-free drink mix (30 kcals, 7.5g net carbs, 0g fat)
Total:
Not sure, but around 900 kcals
At least 112.4g protein
At least 43.2g net carbs
(but probably a lot more because it took me a while to get the fruit salad right; I had to keep tasting it)
At least 11.5g fat.

I got up early and dragged out of the bed, leaving enough time for an hour-long cardio workout. I got to my office (where I usually work out) and the security gate is broken. Someone let me in another gate, but when I got to the gym entrance, the door was broken (???) So I just come to my office, change here into my regular clothes, and call it quits on the morning workout effort. I was so proud of myself for getting myself back in gear on the exercise front, but to no avail. I had to go to the grocery store after work and cooked until 3 AM, so there was no time to exercise after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment