Sunday, December 27, 2009

What I Ate: 12/26/2009

Today's the first day of Kwanzaa! It's all about imani (faith), baby.

  • Ham and asparagus omelet: 1/4 cup Egg Beaters (30 kcals, 6g protein, 1g carb, 0g fat), 8 stalks of asparagus, peeled and braised (30 kcals, 2.8g protein, 2.4g net carbs, 0.5g fat), 4 slices Hormel Natural Choice smoked ham (60 kcals, 10g protein, 1g net carb, 1.5g fat) with 1 slice Kraft fat-free Swiss (25 kcals, 4g protein, 2g carb, 0g fat) Total (145 kcals, 22.8g protein, 6.4g net carbs, 2g fat)
  • 1/2 Believe Italian Cappucino, used as creamer through several cups of Starbucks decaf VIA and real Starbucks decaf from Barnes & Noble (60 kcals, 10g protein, 2.5g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 1 Chik-fil-A chargrilled chicken filet (106 kcals, 21g protein, 2g carb, 1.5g fat)
  • 1 serving (about 3 oz.) of my mom's beef roast cooked in mushroom soup (I'm guessing 150 kcals, 24g protein, 3g net carbs, 6g fat because she thinks it was bottom round) and 5 okra pods, sauteed in Pam (20 kcals, 1g protein, 2.3g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 15 roasted and salted pistachios (60 kcals, 1.5g protein, 1.5g net carbs, 4.5g fat)
  • About 1 oz. smoked turkey leg that my mom had used to cook beans, just to taste (44 kcals, 5g protein, 0g carbs, 2g fat)
  • Giant protein eggnog: 1 whole Oh Yeah! vanilla with eggnog syrup over ice (220 kcals, 32g protein, 3g net carbs, 9g fat)
  • 1 Calcet calcium citrate lemon creamy bite (40 kcals, 6g net carbs, 1.5g fat)
  • 3 Bariatric Advantage calcium lozenges (12 kcals, 3g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 3 pouches of sugar-free drink mix (30 kcals, 7.5g net carbs, 0g fat)
THEN - I went crazy. I consumed about 200 calories' worth of pistachios and pecans, a large apple, and another Calcet chew, all after midnight. ARGH ARGH ARGH compulsive eating ARGH.

So, my totals for the day were over 1,000 calories for the first time since surgery. I'm not sure what came over me, but it was just like pre-op. I wasn't emotional; I just ate because I wanted to eat. I'm up early this morning and I still feel completely gross.

I did four "miles" of a Leslie Sansone workout today. It felt good to get back to my exercise regimen, even though I ruined it later with that insane eating spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment