Backdated for future searching convenience. Posted January 18, 2010 at 6:45 PM.
Away from New Orleans and back to reality. :-(
- 1 scoop Inspire peanut butter cookie protein powder (132 kcals, 25g protein, 1g carbs, 1g fat) in 4 oz. water with 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa (5 kcals, 1g net carbs)
- One packet of Delta Airlines peanuts (70 kcals, 3g protein, 3g net carbs, 6g fat)
- 2 tbsp. skim milk in coffee (10 kcals, 1g protein, 1g net carbs, 0g fat)
- 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein powder with sugar-free vanilla syrup in a tall Starbucks iced decaf americano (115 kcals, 25g protein, 2g net carbs, 1g fat)
- 70 (!) pistachios. Yes, I binged. I really do think I’m going to have to swear off nuts unless they are part of a dish like a salad, where I won’t be tempted to compulsively eat them. (280 kcals, 7g protein, 7g net carbs, 21g fat)
- 1 chestnut. I had no idea how carby they are! (23 kcals, 0.3g protein, 4.6g net carbs, 0.2g fat)
- 1/2 cup brussel sprouts (20 kcals, 1.5g protein, 2.5g net carbs, 0g fat) with 4 slices Jennie-O extra lean turkey bacon (80 kcals, 12g protein, 0g carbs, 2g fat), 1/4 cup finely diced onion (16 kcals, 3g net carbs), and blood orange/pomegranate seed vinaigrette (about 24 kcals, 4g net carbs). Total - (140 kcals, 13.5g protein, 7.5g net carbs, 2g fat). This was an amazing, special dish. The vinaigrette contains supremes of blood orange (I just learned how to cut citrus supremes), freshly squeezed blood orange juice, pomegranate seeds, “natural” rice vinegar, DaVinci sweetening syrup (you could use sugar or Splenda instead, but you’ll need to add more vinegar or a bit of water), cayenne, and thyme. The brussel sprouts, bacon, and onion were cooked with a little Worcestershire sauce and Liquid Smoke, thyme, and caraway seeds.
- 4 Bariatric Advantage calcium lozenge (16 kcals, 4g net carbs)
- 2 Celebrate multivitamins in orange (10 kcals, 2g net carbs)
- 1 Celebrate grape iron + c (5 kcals, 1g net carbs, 0g fat)
- 3 pouches of sugar-free drink mix (30 kcals, 7.5g net carbs, 0g fat)
35.8% kcals from protein
40.6g net carbs
19.4% kcals from net carbs
33.6% kcals from fat.