Sunday, January 31, 2010

What I Ate: 1/31/2010

  • Chike Nutrition protein sample in "Very Vanilla" (190 kcals, 28g protein, 8g net carbs, 3.5g fat) mixed with 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (40 kcals, 1g protein, 1g net carbs, 3g fat). Total - (230 kcals, 29g protein, 9g net carbs, 6.5g fat). This has a nice rich consistency, but it wasn't as good as the Chocolate Bliss. I'm not generally one for stand-alone vanilla anyway. This went from "meh" to pretty tasty when I added some cinnamon and Splenda. I won't order a tub of this because I can use a lower-calorie vanilla protein if I'm just going to use it as a base for other flavors.
  • Ham and cheese omelette: 1/2 cup Publix EggStirs (60 kcals, 12g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat); 3 slices Hormel Natural Choice smoked ham (45 kcals, 7.5g protein, 0.8g net carbs, 1.1g fat) and 1 slice Hormel Natural Choice deli chicken (17 kcals, 3.6g protein, 0g carbs, 0.4g fat); and 1 slice Kraft fat-free sharp cheddar (25 kcals, 4g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat). Total - (147 kcals, 27.1g protein, 4.8g net carbs, 1.5g fat)
  • 10 unsalted roasted pistachios (40 kcals, 1g protein, 1g net carbs, 3g fat)
  • 1 scoop Lean Dessert Banana Nut Bread protein (Vitalady sample) (130 kcals, 20g protein, 6g net carbs, 3g fat) in 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (40 kcals, 1g protein, 1g net carbs, 3g fat) with cinnamon, Splenda, and 3 tbsp. Free Cool Whip (23 kcals, 5g carbs) mixed in. Total - (193 kcals, 21g protein, 12g net carbs, 6g fat). This was pretty good - the banana flavor was a little too fake but it was okay - however, it needed doctoring to reach my standards. If I were better off I might buy a tub of this, but this is not a necessity in my protein arsenal.
  • Chicken, basil, and mozzarella panini! Wow, something I never thought I'd have again - and this was spectacular! 1/2 Flatout Light Italian flatbread (45 kcals, 4.5g protein, 3.3g net carbs, 1.8g fat) with 2 oz. chicken breast (60 kcals, 12g protein, 1g carbs, 1g fat); 1/4 cup Kraft fat-free mozzarella (45 kcals, 9g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat); 10 raisins (15 kcals, 0.2g protein, 4g carbs, 0g fat); 3 basil leaves; 1 tsp. mustard; and 1 pack of Splenda. Total - (175 kcals, 25.7g protein, 10.3g net carbs, 2.8g fat). I griddled the sandwich in a little Pam. This was so, so, so good.
  • 2 oz. tofu shirataki noodles with 1/4 cup homemade tomato-basil sauce (30 kcals, 1g protein, 5g net carbs)
  • 3 blocks Laughing Cow Light cheese (35 kcals, 2.5g protein, 1g carb, 2g fat) and about 2 tbsp. raisins (60 kcals, 20g carbs) :-(
  • 3 Bariatric Advantage calcium lozenges (12 kcals, 3g net carbs)
  • 2 Celebrate multivitamins in orange (10 kcals, 2g net carbs)
  • 1 Celebrate grape iron + c (5 kcals, 2g net carbs)
Total:
937 kcals
107.3g protein
45.8% kcals from protein
70.1g net carbs - thanks raisins! :-(
29.9% kcals from net carbs
21.8g fat
20.9% kcals from fat.


I am struggling with compulsive eating again. It's so hard to stop. And it's usually stupid stuff like lowfat cheese and deli meat and PB2 and raisins - not anything that I particularly love or would otherwise crave. I would never leave the house specifically to buy something to binge on. I just eat whatever's in the cabinets because it's there and it tastes pretty good. It could be ANYTHING. This is the kind of habit RNY can't fix. How can I overcome this? I have to keep some food in the house!

Sunday was a day off exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment