Saturday, January 16, 2010

What I Ate: 1/16/2010

  • Gingerbread protein lattes! I used Chai Tea Believe protein drink as coffee creamer and added sugar-free gingerbread and vanilla syrups (the sugar-free gingerbread syrup is quite boldly flavored, so I combined it with the vanilla to add sweetness without as much pungency.) I had 1/2 the Believe for an early AM decaf coffee before my walk/jog at Riverfront Park, and I had the other 1/2 for a noon decaf before my yoga workshop. (120 kcals, 20g protein, 5g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • Muffin with peanut butter, WLS-friendly style! 1/2 plain flaxseed microwave muffin - just flaxseed, egg substitute, baking powder, and sugar-free syrup (75 kcals, 6g protein, 0.5g net carbs, 4.5g fat) spread with the sample pack of FitNutz "pro" (essential fatty acid enriched) powdered peanut butter mixed with water and sugar-free syrup (60 kcals, 5g protein, 3g carbs, 3.5g fat). Maaaan. This took me back to childhood peanut butter sandwiches. I cannot wait to try this with the chunky and maybe a little sugar-free jam or plain fruit. Chunky is superior, but both the pro and the regular are also tasty and would be much better for savory peanut sauce and some other applications. Total - (135 kcals, 11g protein, 3.5g net carbs, 8g fat)
  • Another gingerbread protein latte. I enjoyed the first two so much that I decided to have it again, but this time I used 1/2 vanilla creme Oh Yeah! and added only sugar-free gingerbread syrup. Oh man. I could go through a lot of gingerbread syrup making these . . . (110 kcals, 16g protein, 1.5g carbs, 4.5g fat)
  • Sausage and leeks with marjoram: 1 link Bilinski's organic sweet apple chicken sausage, sliced into discs (100 kcals, 12g protein, 6g carbs, 2.5g fat) sauteed with 1/4 cup leek rings (20 kcals, 0g protein, 2.8g net carbs, 0g fat) and sprinkled with fresh marjoram. Total - (120 kcals, 12g protein, 8.8g net carbs, 1.5g fat.)
  • 17 roasted and salted pistachios (68 kcals, 2g protein, 2g net carbs, 5g fat)
  • 1/2 cup nonfat Fage (60 kcals, 10g protein, 4.5g carbs, 0g fat) with 1 scoop Inspire ice cream sandwich protein (126 kcals, 30g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat) and 1.5 tbsp. sugar-free white chocolate pudding mix (23 kcals, 6g net carbs) with just a splash of sugar-free cookie dough syrup. I had 1/2 cup Fage instead of my usual 1/3 cup because I wanted to get my calories and protein up, especially given all the exercise I did today. Total - (209 kcals, 40g protein, 12.5g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 4 Bariatric Advantage calcium lozenges (16 kcals, 4g net carbs)
  • 2 Celebrate multivitamins in orange (10 kcals, 2g net carbs)
  • 1 Celebrate grape iron + c (5 kcals, 1g net carbs, 0g fat)
Total:
793 kcals
101g protein
50.9% kcals from protein
40.3g net carbs
20.3% kcals from net carbs
20g fat
22.7% kcals from fat.


Okay! Today was a huge exercise day and I definitely made up for missing a few days this past week. First thing in the morning, I walked a little over 5 miles at Riverfront Park. (It's gotten a touch warmer, so the weather was tolerable.) I walked faster than normal and jogged for a few intervals.

Then this afternoon, I attended a 3-hour introductory yoga workshop at City Yoga. Man. The instructor, Annie, worked us. I'm sore! I learned a ton, so I'm thinking about buying a multi-class pass to check out a few of the regular classes.

The type of yoga practiced at City Yoga is anusara, which according to Annie differs from some of the other types of yoga in two ways that I found memorable: (1) While some other forms of yoga focus on the need to transcend the body and the natural world to reach enlightenment, anusara practitioners strive less to transcend the body and the natural world, viewing both as part of the process of reaching enlightenment (I could be botching this point a bit, but I like the general idea because it reminds me of some principles of ecofeminist theology, which I've been drawn to in the past); (2) While some other forms of yoga are focused solely on the individual, so your practice is strictly a solo endeavor, anusara is more communal and there are a good number of poses that require a partner. I do NOT like this aspect of the practice AT ALL. However, I know I dislike it because of issues that I should probably work through at some point, so perhaps I should stick it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment