Friday, January 22, 2010

What I Ate: 1/22/2010

  • About 1/4 cup chocolate PB2 - I cannot control myself around this stuff! (104 kcals, 8g protein, 10g net carbs, 2g fat)
  • New product: Mocha Java AchievOne. This was good! I tasted it solo (tasty) and then added the rest to decaf coffee with sugar-free chocolate and sugar-free Toasted Marshmallow syrups to create "S'more Latte" (definitely tasty, but actually not as tasty as the stand-alone version). (80 kcals, 15g protein, 3g net carbs, 0.5g fat).
  • 1 vanilla Oh Yeah! in several decaf coffees. I was stuffed ALL DAY from this! (220 kcals, 32g protein, 3g carbs, 9g fat)
  • Another new product: Chocolate AchievOne. I was working the shelter tonight, so I needed to bring a shake that I was likely to enjoy. Vanilla and other flavors are more touch-and-go for me, but chocolate-based flavors are usually acceptable. (I was wrong in this instance - NOT pouchworthy) (80 kcals, 15g protein, 3g net carbs, 0.5g fat).
  • Crunchy peanut butter Fage: 1/3 cup nonfat Fage (40 kcals, 6.6g protein, 3g net carbs, 0g fat) with 1/2 scoop Inspire Peanut Butter Cookie protein (66 kcals, 12.5g protein, 0.5g carbs, 0.5g fat)and 2 tbsp. FitNutz chunky powdered peanut butter (60 kcals, 5g protein, 3g net carbs, 2.5g fat). Total - (166 kcals, 24.1g protein, 6.5g net carbs, 3g fat).
  • Yet ANOTHER new product! And one that I loved! I had a sample pack of "About Time" 100% whey protein isolate in Birthday Cake (Batter) flavor by SDC Nutrition. I mixed it with 4 oz. unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, mostly because I expected it to be gross and thought the milk would give it a better chance of being tasty. I was dead wrong - this was delicious!! I mixed it only with the milk, with none of my usual doctoring. What's more, unlike most of my proteins, About Time is sweetened with stevia! I'll definitely be ordering a tub of this awesome protein at some point in the future. Best part, aside from the incredible taste and the use of natural sweeteners? The nutritional value - (103 kcals, 25g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fat). With the almond milk, it was (123 kcals, 25.5g protein, 0.5g net carbs, 1.5g fat).
  • Bacon, rapini, tomato, and cheese omelet: 1/4 cup Publix EggStirs (30 kcals, 6g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat) filled with 2 strips Applegate Farms uncured organic turkey bacon, diced (70 kcals, 12g protein, 0g carbs, 3g fat), 2 stalks rapini (aka broccoli rabe) (8 kcals, 1g protein, 0g net carbs, 0g fat); 1/4 cup Kraft fat-free shredded mozzarella (45 kcals, 9g protein, 2g carb, 0g fat), and 1/4 cup fresh diced tomato (10 kcals, 0.4g protein, 1.4g net carbs). Total - (163 kcals, 28.4g protein, 4.4g net carbs, 3g fat).
  • 1 Calcet calcium citrate lemon creamy bite (40 kcals, 6g net carbs, 1.5g fat)
  • 1 Bariatric Advantage calcium lozenge (4 kcals, 1g net carbs)
  • 2 Celebrate multivitamins in grape (15 kcals, 3g net carbs)
  • 1 Celebrate grape iron + c (5 kcals, 1g net carbs)
Total:
1,000 kcals
148g protein
59.2% kcals from protein
41.4g net carbs
16.6% kcals from net carbs
21g fat
18.9% kcals from fat.

Today I did 48 minutes on the elliptical for an alleged burn of 505 calories. I didn't realize how much I was sweating until the workout was over - I was drenched! So I guess it was a nice and vigorous workout. Resistance was primarily at 5, but I spent some time on 3 at the beginning and cooldown and went up to 7 for 5 minutes in the middle. I know some people can crank it all the way up, incline and resistance, but that's just not me!

I ate a lot today, but I feel okay about it. What pushed me over the edge was that random Birthday Cake protein shake, but that was all protein and completely worth it tastewise!

No comments:

Post a Comment