Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What I Ate: 1/26/2010

I've been eating a lot more slider-ish foods lately, so I'm trying going back to more dense proteins (of course interspersed with shakes) for a while. I don't want to head more into grazing habits, and I've realized that by sipping protein coffee literally all workday long, I'm basically grazing without the caloric consequences. I'm eating out of boredom at a desk job, and the all day protein coffee accommodates that bad habit. I should be trying to rid myself of that habit, not accommodate it.

I tell you, this process is all about continual self-assessment. This issue really sneaked up on me (NOTE: no, it's not "snuck." AskOxford says so.) I thought I was doing the right thing by sipping protein all day, but I've taken it too far.

  • 3 slices Hormel Natural Choice rotisserie chicken (50 kcals, 11g protein, 0g carbs, 1g fat) and 2 slices Kraft fat-free sharp cheddar cheese (50 kcals, 8g protein, 4g carbs, 0g fat) with 1.5 tsp. mustard (5 kcals). Total - (105 kcals, 19g protein, 4g carbs, 1g fat).
  • 1 Believe Italian Cappucino protein drink as creamer in 2 decaf coffees (120 kcals, 20g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat)
  • 3 oz. chicken with 2 tsp. mustard sweetened with Splenda (115 kcals, 20g protein, 1g carbs, 1g fat)
  • New product: Chocolate About Time protein powder by SDC Nutrition (101 kcals, 24g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fat), mixed into 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk (23 kcals, 1g protein, 1g net carbs, 1.8g fat). Total - (124 kcals, 25g protein, 1g net carbs, 1.8g fat). ZOMG. This was absolutely divine. It tasted like chocolate pudding, even though the milk wasn't cold. I have to say it: Thus far, About Time is the best protein I've ever had, with the best stats I've ever seen and incredible blendability. I just mixed it with a spoon; no Blender Bottle needed. I almost don't believe it. I had the Birthday Cake Batter flavor last week just mixed into unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and it was a revelation. The chocolate is a less unique flavor, but it's incredibly delicious without any doctoring whatsoever. I'm probably not making another big protein purchase for a while, but I think both flavors of About Time will be firmly on the next list (despite its stupid brand name.) Order samples for $2.99 here. Melting Mama reviewed About Time a few months ago, and she rated it pouchworthy. I rate it pouchworthy+! Try this try this try this.
  • Bacon, mushroom, tomato omelet: 1/4 cup egg substitute (30 kcals, 6g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat) with 3 strips Applegate Farms uncured organic turkey bacon, diced (105 kcals, 18g protein, 0g carbs, 4.5g fat), 1 oz. baby bella mushrooms (10 kcals, 1g protein, 0.3g net carbs, 0g fat), and 1/4 cup fresh diced tomato (10 kcals, 0.4g protein, 1.4g net carbs). Total - (155 kcals, 25.4g protein, 2.7g net carbs, 4.5g fat).
  • Cookies and cream cheesecake protein yogurt (modified, reducing the amount of protein powder): 1/3 cup Fage (40 kcals, 6.6g protein, 3g net carbs, 0g fat) with 1/2 scoop Matrix Cookies & Cream protein (65 kcals, 12.5g protein, 2.5g carbs, 1g fat), 1.5 tbsp. sugar-free cheesecake pudding (23 kcals, 6g carbs), and sugar-free cookie dough syrup, topped with 2 tbsp. Free Cool Whip (15 kcals, 3g carbs). Total - (143 kcals, 19.1g protein, 14.5g net carbs, 1g fat). I much prefer the taste of this with just 1/2 scoop of the protein, and the calorie reduction doesn't hurt either, even though it throws off the protein/carb balance a bit.
  • 1 Calcet calcium citrate lemon creamy bite (40 kcals, 6g net carbs, 1.5g fat)
  • 3 Bariatric Advantage calcium lozenges (12 kcals, 3g net carbs)
  • 2 Celebrate multivitamins in grape (15 kcals, 3g net carbs)
Total:
829 kcals
128.5g protein
62.0% kcals from protein
40.2g net carbs
19.4% kcals from net carbs
9.8g fat
10.6% kcals from fat.

Today's workout was the 30-minute Leslie Sansone walk. I'll get back to my more strenuous workouts tomorrow, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment