I tell you, this process is all about continual self-assessment. This issue really sneaked up on me (NOTE: no, it's not "snuck." AskOxford says so.) I thought I was doing the right thing by sipping protein all day, but I've taken it too far.
- 3 slices Hormel Natural Choice rotisserie chicken (50 kcals, 11g protein, 0g carbs, 1g fat) and 2 slices Kraft fat-free sharp cheddar cheese (50 kcals, 8g protein, 4g carbs, 0g fat) with 1.5 tsp. mustard (5 kcals). Total - (105 kcals, 19g protein, 4g carbs, 1g fat).
- 1 Believe Italian Cappucino protein drink as creamer in 2 decaf coffees (120 kcals, 20g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat)
- 3 oz. chicken with 2 tsp. mustard sweetened with Splenda (115 kcals, 20g protein, 1g carbs, 1g fat)
- New product: Chocolate About Time protein powder by SDC Nutrition (101 kcals, 24g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fat), mixed into 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk (23 kcals, 1g protein, 1g net carbs, 1.8g fat). Total - (124 kcals, 25g protein, 1g net carbs, 1.8g fat). ZOMG. This was absolutely divine. It tasted like chocolate pudding, even though the milk wasn't cold. I have to say it: Thus far, About Time is the best protein I've ever had, with the best stats I've ever seen and incredible blendability. I just mixed it with a spoon; no Blender Bottle needed. I almost don't believe it. I had the Birthday Cake Batter flavor last week just mixed into unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and it was a revelation. The chocolate is a less unique flavor, but it's incredibly delicious without any doctoring whatsoever. I'm probably not making another big protein purchase for a while, but I think both flavors of About Time will be firmly on the next list (despite its stupid brand name.) Order samples for $2.99 here. Melting Mama reviewed About Time a few months ago, and she rated it pouchworthy. I rate it pouchworthy+! Try this try this try this.
- Bacon, mushroom, tomato omelet: 1/4 cup egg substitute (30 kcals, 6g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat) with 3 strips Applegate Farms uncured organic turkey bacon, diced (105 kcals, 18g protein, 0g carbs, 4.5g fat), 1 oz. baby bella mushrooms (10 kcals, 1g protein, 0.3g net carbs, 0g fat), and 1/4 cup fresh diced tomato (10 kcals, 0.4g protein, 1.4g net carbs). Total - (155 kcals, 25.4g protein, 2.7g net carbs, 4.5g fat).
- Cookies and cream cheesecake protein yogurt (modified, reducing the amount of protein powder): 1/3 cup Fage (40 kcals, 6.6g protein, 3g net carbs, 0g fat) with 1/2 scoop Matrix Cookies & Cream protein (65 kcals, 12.5g protein, 2.5g carbs, 1g fat), 1.5 tbsp. sugar-free cheesecake pudding (23 kcals, 6g carbs), and sugar-free cookie dough syrup, topped with 2 tbsp. Free Cool Whip (15 kcals, 3g carbs). Total - (143 kcals, 19.1g protein, 14.5g net carbs, 1g fat). I much prefer the taste of this with just 1/2 scoop of the protein, and the calorie reduction doesn't hurt either, even though it throws off the protein/carb balance a bit.
- 1 Calcet calcium citrate lemon creamy bite (40 kcals, 6g net carbs, 1.5g fat)
- 3 Bariatric Advantage calcium lozenges (12 kcals, 3g net carbs)
- 2 Celebrate multivitamins in grape (15 kcals, 3g net carbs)
62.0% kcals from protein
40.2g net carbs
19.4% kcals from net carbs
10.6% kcals from fat.
Today's workout was the 30-minute Leslie Sansone walk. I'll get back to my more strenuous workouts tomorrow, I hope!