Sunday, January 17, 2010

What I Ate: 1/17/2010

  • 1 link Bilinski's organic sweet apple chicken sausage (100 kcals, 12g protein, 6g carbs, 2.5g fat) and 1/4 cup Publix EggStirs (30 kcals, 6g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat) sprinkled with chopped fresh marjoram after cooking. Total - (130 kcals, 18g protein, 7g carbs, 2.5g fat). Last night I made the mistake of cooking leeks and sausage with the marjoram, which destroyed the delicate herb. I couldn't taste it at all. Marjoram has a bold flavor, but the herb itself is delicate. You have to add it at the end of cooking or sprinkle it on after cooking. Oh well, beginner's mistake! But I'm one ingredient closer to reaching one of my 50 goals for 2010 - cooking with or eating 20 new ingredients.
  • Gingerbread protein lattes galore. 1 Chai Tea Latte Believe protein drink split between 2 STRONG decaf coffees with sugar-free gingerbread and sugar-free vanilla syrups. I had one at about 11:30 and the next at about 2:30. (120 kcals, 20g protein, 5g carbs, 0g fat)
  • An Oh Yeah! gingerbread latte. I got the coffee at Starbucks this time, and it wasn't quite as good as when I made it at home. This was an eye-opener! 1/2 Oh Yeah! vanilla creme in decaf coffee with sugar-free gingerbread syrup and a little Splenda (110 kcals, 16g protein, 1.5g net carbs, 4.5g fat)
  • A play on gumbo: 1 link Bilinski's Cajun-style andouille, sliced into discs (90 kcals, 11g protein, 1g carbs, 4.5g fat), with 9 medium shrimp (54 kcals, 10.8g protein, 0g carbs, 1g fat), 1/4 cup leftover gumbo z'herbes - this was the last of it (about 18 kcals, 1g protein, 0.5g net carbs, 0.5g fat), and 1.5 tbsp clam juice (7 kcals, 1g protein). Total - (169 kcals, 23.8g protein, 1.5g net carbs, 6g fat). This was so good! I was surprised at how tasty it was. I'm sad to see that gumbo z'herbes go. I hope I can re-create these flavors with the fake andouille and shrimp again in the future!
  • 1/4 cup prepared PB2 and 2 tbsp. prepared chocolate PB2, both of which I miraculously found in a local health food grocery store this afternoon, Rosewood Market! The chocolate wasn't as delish as I expected it to be, but I'm thinking maybe I made it wrong. The regular was SO good! (158 kcals, 14g protein, 11g net carbs, 5g fat)
  • Simple version of cookie dough cheesecake: 1/3 cup Fage (40 kcals, 6.6g protein, 3g net carbs, 0g fat) mixed with 1 scoop Inspire ice cream sandwich protein powder (126 kcals, 30g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat) with sugar-free cookie dough syrup. Total - (166 kcals, 36.6g protein, 5g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 4 Bariatric Advantage calcium lozenges (16 kcals, 4g net carbs)
  • 2 Celebrate multivitamins in orange (10 kcals, 2g net carbs)
  • 1 Celebrate grape iron + c (5 kcals, 1g net carbs, 0g fat)
Total:
884 kcals
128.4g protein
58.1% kcals from protein
38g net carbs
17.2% kcals from net carbs
18g fat
18.3% kcals from fat.

After all the exercise from yesterday, I kept it easier today by doing 3 miles plus cooldown (a little over 40 minutes) of the Leslie Sansone 5-Mile Fat Burning Walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment