Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What I Ate: 1/12/2010

I accidentally left my drink mixes at home this morning. It was traumatic at first, but sort of freeing not to have an automatic 50 calories and 12 net carbs as part of my diet. I'm going to try to stick with it for a few days. Buying fewer of those drink mixes could save me a lot of carbs and money!
  • 1 Believe Chai Latte protein drink (120 kcals, 20g protein, 5g net carbs, 0g fat), spread out over 2 decaf coffees as creamer
  • 3 slices Hormel Natural smoked deli turkey (50 kcals, 10g protein, 1g net carbs, 1g fat) with 1 wedge Laughing Cow Light cheese (35 kcals, 2.5g protein, 1g carb, 2g fat)
  • 1/2 Oh Yeah! vanilla creme in another decaf coffee as creamer. This was really good, I added 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa and Torani sugar-free chocolate syrup to make a warm mocha. (115 kcals, 16.5g protein, 2g net carbs, 4.5g fat)
  • Omelet: 1/4 cup egg substitute (30 kcals, 6g protein, 1g carb, 0g fat), 2 oz. shrimp (60 kcals, 11.4g protein, 0.5g net carbs, 1g fat), 1 strip Applegate Farms uncured organic turkey bacon (35 kcals, 6g protein, 0g carbs, 1.5g fat), and 2 tbsp. leftover gumbo z'herbes - yep, still eating it! (about 18 kcals, 1g protein, 0.5g net carbs, 0.5g fat). Total - (143 kcals, 24.4g protein, 2g net carbs, 3g fat)
  • Cookie dough protein cheesecake: 1/3 cup Fage (40 kcals, 6.6g protein, 3g net carbs, 0g fat) mixed with 1 scoop Inspire ice cream sandwich protein powder (126 kcals, 30g protein, 2g carbs, 0g fat) and 1.5 tbsp. SF/FF Jello cheesecake pudding mix (23 kcals, 6g net carbs), and 1/4 cup Free Cool Whip (30 kcals, 6g net carb), with sugar-free cookie dough syrup. Total - (219 kcals, 36.6g protein, 17g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 1 Calcet calcium citrate lemon creamy bite (40 kcals, 6g net carbs, 1.5g fat)
  • 2 Celebrate multivitamins in grape (15 kcals, 4g net carbs)
  • 1 Celebrate grape iron + c (5 kcals, 1g net carbs, 0g fat)
Total:
742 kcals
110g protein
59.3% kcals from protein
39g net carbs
21.0% kcals from net carbs
12g fat
14.6% kcals from fat.

I did the elliptical this morning for 45 minutes and supposedly burned about 475 calories. The estimated distance was a bit over 3.5 miles.

I backed this up tonight with another 30-minute Pilates DVD, thanks to the 10 in '10 challenge I'm doing with a group of politico friends. We have to get in 180 separate workouts this year, and I don't want to fall behind!

2 comments:

  1. You know, I was really pissed the other day when I realized that each of those drink mixes is TWO servings. What a load of crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Girl, I know what you mean. "Sugar-free" drink mixes aren't free calories when you're drinking them all day long, as I do. Even the ones that claim to be calorie-free like the Wal-Mart and Target brand actually have calories, just like Splenda! No, it's not a lot and I would probably still lose weight not counting them, but I like to keep track just for accuracy's sake, you know?

    ReplyDelete