Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What I Ate: 1/20/2010

It's the anniversary of President Obama's inauguration today. No further comment.
  • 1 Believe Italian Cappucino used as creamer in 2 decaf coffees. Aww, this was yum. I added sugar-free hazelnut syrup and it was just delicious. (120 kcals, 20g protein, 5g net carbs, 0g fat)
  • 1/3 of a cinnamon flaxseed microwave muffin - just egg substitute, ground flaxseed, baking powder, and a little salt seasoned with ground cinnamon and ground ginger (50 kcals, 4g protein, 0.3g net carbs, 3g fat) with 2 tbsp. prepared PB2 (53 kcals, 6g protein, 3g net carbs, 2g fat). Total - (103 kcals, 10g protein, 3.3g net carbs, 5g fat).
  • 4 slices Hormel Natural Choice roast beef (60 kcals, 11g protein, 0g carbs, 2g fat) and 1 Sargento Light string cheese (50 kcals, 6g protein, 1g net carbs, 2.5g fat). Total - (110 kcals, 17g protein, 1g net carbs, 4.5g fat). I added this solid meal to curb the mini-binges over the last couple nights.
  • Protein eggnog - remixing an old favorite: 1/2 vanilla creme Oh Yeah! with sugar-free eggnog syrup, warm instead of my usual chilled version. (110 kcals, 16g protein, 1.5g carbs, 4.5g fat)
  • Omelet: 1/4 cup Publix EggStirs (30 kcals, 6g protein, 1g carbs, 0g fat) with 1 link Bilinski's organic sweet apple chicken sausage, sliced (100 kcals, 12g protein, 6g carbs, 2.5g fat), 1 strip Applegate Farms uncured organic turkey bacon, diced (35 kcals, 6g protein, 0g carbs, 1.5g fat), 2 tbsp. diced tomato (5 kcals, 0.2g protein, 0.7g net carbs), and 2 tbsp. fresh parsley (5 kcals, 0.4g protein, 0.4g net carbs). Total - (175 kcals, 24.6g protein, 8.1g net carbs, 4g fat)
  • 1/3 cup Fage (40 kcals, 6.6g protein, 3g net carbs, 0g fat) with 1 scoop Inspire chocolate peanut butter fudge protein (127 kcals, 26g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fat). Total - (177 kcals, 32.6g protein, 6g net carbs, 1g fat).
  • 1 Calcet calcium citrate lemon creamy bite (40 kcals, 6g net carbs, 1.5g fat)
  • 4 Bariatric Advantage calcium lozenges (16 kcals, 4g net carbs)
  • 2 Celebrate multivitamins in grape (15 kcals, 3g net carbs)
  • 1 Celebrate grape iron + c (5 kcals, 1g net carbs)
Total:
871 kcals
120.2g protein
55.2% kcals from protein
38.9g net carbs
17.9% kcals from net carbs
20.5g fat
21.9% kcals from fat.

I started the morning with 30 minutes on the treadmill. Both of the ellipticals at the gym were taken (I exercise at the office.) I was running late, so I had to cut the treadmill workout short. The exciting part was that my base speed is much higher than the last time I seriously used the treadmill (I tried it out a few weeks ago and sort of did the first day of Couch to 5K, but I wasn't taking it that seriously.) The last time, which I believe was in August, 3.5 miles per hour was really fast for me. Today, I was cooling down at 3.5 miles per hour!

This is a big deal, because one of the things I want to accomplish in this weight loss process is for my everyday walking speed to increase. I've always walked really slowly. In law school, sometimes I would purposely take a circuitous route to avoid running into people on the way - I didn't want to go through an awkward scenario in which a classmates sees me, slows down and walks with me for a while to chat, then realizes that I'm not getting any faster and they're about to be late for class, and eventually says, "Oh, well . . . umm, I guess I better run. Talk to you later!" and then walks at a normal speed to get to class on time.

Also, I went back to yoga today! I enjoyed that strenuous (for me) workshop on Saturday. Tonight, the same instructor taught "Basic Yoga," which is the easiest class, so I took it. It was good. My calves are extraordinarily inflexible. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment