Monday, January 11, 2010

What I Ate: 1/10/2010

'Twas my last day in DC ::sigh:: No totals below, because I can't begin to know what was actually in that tofu scramble. I know some kind of oil.

  • Protein latte: Made just like yesterday's protein mocha, except with 1/2 vanilla Oh Yeah! instead of the chocolate. Fortunately, the vanilla didn't have any lumps though! (110 kcals, 16g protein, 1.5g net carbs, 4.5g fat)
  • Brunch at Busboy's & Poets! We tried out the new 5th & K location in the increasingly popular Mt. Vernon Square neighborhood. It's weird because it has no real bookstore like the 14th & V location, but it's a terrific space and much bigger than the original Busboys. I loooooove Busboys - not so much for the food, but for the ambiance. I had the vegan "egg" scramble, which is tofu with vegetables served with vegan sausage that looks to be soy-based. I think they added turmeric to the tofu to make it yellow like eggs with minimal flavor interference, since turmeric has such a delicate flavor. Anyway, I got EXTREMELY FULL from this, and I'm not sure why. I mean, I had 2 vegan sausage patties and a little tofu with mushrooms, tomatoes, and peppers. I definitely overate, but the uncomfortably full feeling slipped up on me! This would have been a good time to pull out my measuring spoons, for sure. In any event, it was fine - the food itself was very healthy, and the oil or margarine they used kept me sated literally from 3 PM until nearly 11 PM when I got to my car in Charlotte.
  • 1 Muscle Milk Light protein shake (new product!) I was at the Charlotte Airport and wanted to grab one more meal for the road. I saw this at one of those magazine shops, and the stats didn't look too bad considering that all I'd had to eat was the vegan scramble and sausage and one protein shake. This was extremely tasty! It reminded me of the chocolate Odwalla protein drinks I occasionally indulged in as a pre-op (too much sugar for now.) The Muscle Milk Light has a few too many calories compared to the amount of protein to become a regular part of my protein arsenal, but I will definitely have it on occasion when I can afford the calories. What's really nice about this shake is that it's so accessible: I've seen it everywhere from airport stores, to gas stations, to Bi-Lo and other supermarkets. (160 kcals, 20g protein, 5g net carbs, 4.5g fat)
  • 14 pistachios (56 kcals, 1.3g protein, 1.4g net carbs, 4.5g fat)

No comments:

Post a Comment