Friday, January 22, 2010

Scale Shenanigans

I've gone back to weighing myself almost daily. It doesn't freak me out as much anymore, and I think it's a good habit as long as it's not making me crazy.

Anyway, about ten days or so ago, I allegedly weighed 190.4 (or something close, give or take a few tenths of a pound.) Of course, the number went back up, getting to 194+ at least once. Unlike the last time this happened, I didn't worry about it.

So this morning, the scale said I weighed 187.7 twice and then 189 twice. I don't really believe my scale, and even if I did, I expect to fluctuate back over 190. Nonetheless, I want to mark this day as the first time the scale suggested that I might be in a new weight "decade," the 180s. We'll see how long it lasts.

My next goal is 188 pounds, at which point I move from an "obese" BMI to an "overweight" BMI. So it was a little disconcerting to see 187.7 on the scale first thing this morning and to know it probably wasn't true.

No comments:

Post a Comment