Saturday, June 6, 2009

What I Ate: 6/6/2009

  • 2 oz. cinnamon-barbecue chicken with about 0.5 oz. sauce, tomatoes, diced onion (about 100 kcals, 16g protein)
  • 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate mixed into Starbucks venti iced decaf Americano with various artificial sweeteners (110 kcals, 25g protein)
  • 0.5 oz. Trader Joe's roasted and salted Marcona almonds with rosemary - my first foray back into the nut world. I was hesitant to go there because nuts have been a trigger food for me in the past, but this was fine. Half an ounce is actually a good amount of nuts. At first I was afraid they were going to make me sick, but they went down just fine. (about 95 kcals, about 3g protein)
  • 2 oz. jerk chicken, 1.5 oz. spinach, prepared by my roommate Steph! (about 130 kcals, 16g protein)
  • 2 strawberries and 1 kiwi as part of a fruit salad (60 kcals, 0.5g protein)
  • 1 scoop Nectar fuzzy navel in Crystal Light with a little Splenda added (90 kcals, 23g protein)

Total: 585 kcals, 83.5g protein, 57.1% kcals from protein.

My roommate had a dinner party this evening, which is the source of the jerk chicken, spinach, and fruit. I would have been better not having the fruit, but I'm cool with it as an occasional indulgence. I know some people are opposed to all fruit in the losing phase, but I'm not sure that I agree with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment