Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What I Ate: 6/2/2009

The moving saga continues . . . it was supposed to be over by Sunday! It looks like I'll be getting out of here early tomorrow morning and starting bar class on Thursday - seven whole days late.

In other news, I've axed my hair, locs that had been growing for over 3 years. I'm turning over lots of new leaves, so it's time for a new 'do. I'm thinking short natural hairstyles, like this, or this, or this. I also plan to play with the color, but nothing outrageous. :-)

Anyway, on to the food!
  • 3 oz. Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh roast beef (about 103 kcals, about 17.2g protein)
  • 1 sample packet Whey Gourmet Arctic Cappucino Frappe protein powder in water - sort of pointless as rumors swirl that Whey Gourmet has gone out of business, but this was left over from my protein sample packet from Bariatric Eating. Fortunately, it was tasty, but it wasn't amazing like Syntha-6. I added extra water, cinnamon, Splenda, and sugar-free hazelnut syrup and then it tasted pretty good. (130 kcals, 21g protein)
  • 1 Mini Babybel Light cheese round (50 kcals, 6g protein) with 1 Mini Babybel Cheddar cheese round (70 kcals, 5g protein)
  • About 1 scoop Syntha-6 chocolate peanut butter protein powder in water - leftovers from Vitalady sample (200 kcals, 22g protein)

Total: 553 kcals, 71.2g protein, 51.5% kcals from protein.

Continued my protein-tasting experiment, but fortunately the Syntha-6 is now gone. It's so good, but it jacks my calories way up without sufficient payoff in the protein department. This chocolate peanut butter Syntha-6 has 6 grams of fat and 14g of carbs in a scoop (though 5g of the carbs is fiber, so at least it's a little something healthy.) I'm used to Nectar, which has no carbs or fat - all protein.

I'm now really excited about the new Inspire Peanut Butter Cookie protein. It will probably take me months to get it because it's so popular that it's backordered. I'm envisioning a delicious shake that I could sip on all day: 1 scoop Nectar chocolate truffle with 1 scoop Inspire peanut butter cookie. That would be 232 calories and 48g protein, much better stats than the Syntha-6 and hopefully just as tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment