- 1 scrambled egg with 1/2 slice American cheese (100 kcals, 8g protein)
- 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein supplement in a large decaf iced coffee (110 kcals, 25g protein)
- 1/2 hard-boiled egg (35 kcals, 3g protein), 1/2 slice American cheese (30 kcals, 2g protein), 1 Trader Joe's chicken sausage link (55 kcals, 7g protein)
- 3 oz. teriyaki chicken breast (130 kcals, 24g protein)
- 3 oz. Monica's chili! (about 120 kcals, about 15g protein)
- 5 large strawberries - too many! argh (about 40 kcals, 0g protein)
- 1 scoop Isopure dutch chocolate protein supplement in homemade instant decaf (110 kcals, 25g protein)
Total: 730 kcals, 109g protein, 59.7% kcals from protein.
Operation Calorie Increase began today (yeah, I know that's cheesy but I'm on a sugar low from those strawberries and my mind isn't working great - I will have a couple in the morning tomorrow!) I'm aiming for as close to 800 calories as possible. BariatricEating.com suggests 800-1000 calories in the losing stage to avoid "starvation mode," and while I'm not sure if I should be worried about that, I am going to try upping my calories this week and perhaps lowering them next week, just to keep my body guessing. I felt like I was eating all day today. It was intense.
I had a great workout today though! I've decided to get more into the treadmill in an effort to build up my leg strength. Even though I supposedly burned 502 calories in my 65-minute walk, I know I was working a lot harder on the treadmill than I usually do on the elliptical. (I was dripping with sweat.) I played with the speeds and the incline to give it more the feel of outdoor walking. I think I'm going to alternate days on treadmill and lighter elliptical days, just to give my legs a chance to recover from the more vigorous treadmill workouts.